The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint Job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40
    tbrufio6

Paint Job

My Black Mitsubishi paint has been a complete bastard to me. How much do you guys think a decent paint job will be, I have oxidation on my roof and I don't want a flat black I want something that will actually shine.

Experienced TGC Member
    1200? idk...

do a search for the black paint problems posted here in TGC
    -Chris

ipaintu
    SWEEEEET

OK uh oh maybe you should try MAACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA

We have paint specials that fit your costs and needs.
    Our lowest paint jobs start from 'in my area" 139.99 + 69.00 for prep package. Thats a 1 yr warranty that covers peeling,cracking,fading..
    That includes 3 coats of our high gloss Acrylic paint.

Then we have a 2 yr Warranty for the price of"in our area" 239.00 + 69.00 for prep package. Thats 3 coats of a high glas Acrylic paint also But a 2 yr warranty ... IT also covers peeling,fading,and or cracking.

Now we have our 4 yr Urathane with intergrated clear coat. Which means.
    3 coats of the hardest paint out. then 1 coat with intergrated clear into the paint. for the hardest and best shine... That also comes with a 4 yr warranty against... Peeling,cracking,and fading... That runs 349.99 + 69.00 prep package..

Then we have the top dog. Which is a Near factory finish... It also comes with a 5 yr warranty and a WET SAND and BUFF to remove all inperfections. This is 3 coats of Base coat, and 3 coats of a High Solid Clear Coat. Then Polished to perfection.. This is the nicest one for the money btw. Its 899.99 + 129.00 for prep package.

Now this isnt including taxes nor bodywork, or Stripping of the sufaces thats damaged by the weather and or sun....

If you feel one of these fits your cost and needs contact your Local Maaco and tell them Someone from a Florida Store sent you.....

Ok Im done...
    Thanks.

i have yet to see a nice maaco job
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have yet to see a nice maaco job</div>

I think this one came out nice...

TGC Regular
    The thing about a paint job is that it can look ok in a picture or from far away, but it really tell the story when your close to it. And as far as the quality of a Maaco paint job goes, it really depends on the skill level of the person that sprays the car. And it also depends on how the car was prepped before primer and paint, that what determines the quality of a paint job. Most folks that opt for a MAACO paint job, get the cheapest level paint job they have, which usually doesn't include a good prep job. That's why they come out looking bad or not lasting long before fading or chipping. That's why alot of times you see paint jobs that are done in someone's backyard, look better than a chain shop's paint job. Its because they took their time on the prep work.

ipaintu
    well we just did a 19 something valant... won fisrt place at show in an Old TOwn show in Orlando.. The Orlando guys will tell you 1st place in them shows mean something..

Bigmoney is right. How can you get a nice paint job when you onlyt spend 250.00 bucks.. Hell shoes cost more than this now days.
    If you spend the 899.99 + 129.00 for prep then your coming out like a brand new car. He is also right about how your shops help applies themselves at their jobs. If the bodywork or prep isnt correct then the paint cant be in return.... If you havent seen a nice Maaco job , its because you and your people dont spend the money your car deserves.

Every car in this picture is a "Maaco " job as you called it..

even the Kandy pink you cant see at the end....

Maaco job..
    So sir now you have seen some "Nice " Maaco jobs.. To bad you dont spend some "NICE" cash on them as these guys did....

Here is a custom Kandy I did last night the pics are off my cellphone so sorry for shitty pics.

I had a Maaco shop in Crystal Lake, Illinois sand the hood of my Camaro and repaint the entire car. It came out very nice. This was back in 1996 and cost around $800.

TGC Regular
    Damn Ipaintu, MAACO's down there even do bowling bowl paint jobs!! I need to drive down there to get my car sprayed. I know some of the best paint jobs I've seen have alway come out of FLA. I think that's why even chain shops turn out some nice whips down there, it's because they take more pride in there workmanship. Since I'm only about 2hrs from Jacksonville, I might seriously consider heading down that way for some custom work and paint. You think I can find a MAACO down there to do the welding to my doors too?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    The oxidation on my roof/trunk is RIDICULOUS. I may have to call MAACO this spring. Its so hard to look at.

my step dad just got a $1100 paint job done on his 95' CK1500 and it looks like shit compared to mine. its black and does not have a mirror shine like mine. i supposed there would be some maaco shops out there that actually care about the customer
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

ipaintu
    BIGmoney we give a shit.. bottom line. We dont think of our shop as a production shop as alot does. We dont do alot of dealers. See thats what happens.. The shop gets the dealers in there and the quailty can go lower. We dont allow that shit here. I will bump a car fast in my paint line. I dont paint crap, it makes me look bad. I stay on top of my crew about this. I come out of booth yelling and ready to fire someone. I have fired alot over bs prep and bs quailty.... But it all falls back on how the shop is ran.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    u work at maaco? ipaintu?

ipaintu
    Yessir I am lead painter and Production Manager for the Local Maaco store # 1816. I have been with them for about 4 yrs now. I have been in paint shops for 28 + yrs tho. I can paint any paint and do anything to make a car go to a local carlot or to a Top Car Show. As you see some of my work here I try to have a good time also a good product. I work with a great bunch of guys. We have fun and get the job done. We all know its work time and its goof off time. We havent had issues in our shop in about 3 yrs. Our redo rate is lower than any shop in our area.
    We run about a 0.2% redo rate a month.. In other words out of 100 cars only maybe 2 comes back. I have seen cars painted with us last for 5 yrs easy. Thats the 2 yr ones .. The 4 yr paints and the Base CLear hasnt ever given us issues. We havent had a warranty issue with one of them breaking down yet. We also use BASF paints not cheaper Nasons. So on that we get better jobs and a cleaner paint..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    So in essence paint is made to go bad overall... no matter what, some sort of time frame will come when it goes shitty.. hmm... would one be able to slow down this process by adding more clear coats?

ipaintu
    not really more clear adds more issues. See paint is made like all rest to be applied to specs.

Now the paint world works in Mills.. 5 to 7 mills makes a good paint job.
    2 mills base and 3 of clear and 2 of sealers and primers.

Now the brothers here like their cars wet.. they think adding more clear is the answer only to find.. Cracking. to much of a build up and sun damages and crack accures.

The best thing for a paint job is maintance. Good Cleaner,Good Sealer,and then a Good Wax.. your set.

Also Show me something made to last forever. I will show you someones dream..

Damn Man, It def looks like I'll take a trip to your shop when it's time...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    ...Since I'm only about 2hrs from Jacksonville, ...
    Are you in the Savannah/Hilton Head area? Just wondering...

ipaintu
    GTX are you the guy in Jacksonville that wanted me to come paint something? I was very busy that weekend and then went on vacation that monday.. Was it you tho?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaintu
    Also Show me something made to last forever
    just watched the new charlie and the chocolate factory with my daughter....it sucked, the old one was better...but...

the everlasting gobstopper....heheheh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast