The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does this happen to any1 (AEM CAI Q?)

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    CRH-1

Does this happen to any1 (AEM CAI Q?)

I have a 8g 4cly with an AEM CAI. And recently everytime I put my car in reverse my CAI starts making a deep vibration sound that causes it to shake alot. Its sounds pretty bad, just wanting to see if any1 else has had a problem like this?

Senior TGC Member
    Hmmm...well I know about the CAI intake noise complaint which is normal, but I haven't really seen any intakes shake...could be a prob.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

CAI intake noise complains????? HMMMMM, nothing but complements from me!!!! Mine sounds great. Although I have the Injen one but it shouldn't be THAT much difference.

But yeah, you should really check that out. Maybe reinstall it again to make sure everything is fitted and tighten down. But if the shaking or sound only happens when you go in reverse, it shouldn't be the CAI problem. You might want to look into something else or just take it to the dealer and reproduce the noise for them.
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

After you installed the AEM CAI did you remember to reset the tranny by removing the battery cables for 15-30 minutes? If not do that, just make sure you have the radio code (If necessary, or your radio won't work).

uhm are u sure its the CAI that is shaking? maybe its your motor shaking really bad and at the same time causing your intake to start shaking badly. and yea since it is shaking badly, check the joints frequently, don't want anything getting loose or falling apart

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.