The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed swap pictures...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackpearl

i need the piece that goes on the end of that shaft that is sticking out of the tranny..
    Throwout bearing :?:

[Edit]
    So the picture finally loaded...Is that where the salve cylinder is located on a 3g trans? Idk, the 3g trans is complete opposite of the 7g trans
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have a spare throw out bearing for sale, 20 = shipping.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

theblackpearl
    no no no..thats not the throw out bearing or where the slave cyl. goes..the slave is on the front of the tranny by the radiator and starter. the throw out bearing is actually inside the bell houseing, i have that, its the shaft that i have circled. it the gear selector shaft.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I just checked it out on my trans. that is the actual gear selector lever, there should be a small hole in that shaft near the top. the gear selector lever sits on top then a pin holds them together. Im almost 100% sure that nobody is going to sell you that piece seperately. IM not sure if you have seen a 3g tranny with it on there, but also connected to the lever is a small U shaped plastic spacter, its about 3/4" thick, you need that too. I would check with the junkyard you got it from, I mean, if they sent you the trans, shifter cables and the cable brackets, how could they lose that piece? they did send you the cable brackets too right? there is a local guy here that only sells mitsu used parts, let me try to check with him if he has it, he might, I know he has all types of tranny parts, I bought a bell housing from him a few months back.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Nice. Why didn't you just get a lightened flywhell in the meantime?

theblackpearl
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    I just checked it out on my trans. that is the actual gear selector lever, there should be a small hole in that shaft near the top. the gear selector lever sits on top then a pin holds them together. Im almost 100% sure that nobody is going to sell you that piece seperately. IM not sure if you have seen a 3g tranny with it on there, but also connected to the lever is a small U shaped plastic spacter, its about 3/4" thick, you need that too. I would check with the junkyard you got it from, I mean, if they sent you the trans, shifter cables and the cable brackets, how could they lose that piece? they did send you the cable brackets too right? there is a local guy here that only sells mitsu used parts, let me try to check with him if he has it, he might, I know he has all types of tranny parts, I bought a bell housing from him a few months back.

the yard i got it from didnt include the brackets, ihad to buy them seperately. im thinkin about buyin the entire shaft and just using the piece on the end that i need. not sure how much it will cost but i need to do what i need to do..

well dustin I Hope you have free long distance because you must have called me about 10 times today. Anyhow as I said before congrats on the swap being done, its good to see another 5 speed 8g roming the streets. I think your the first person on the west coast to actually complete it.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, this is a big day. congratulations on your completion and now you know the way of the 5spd :thumbsup:
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I think your the first person on the west coast to actually complete it.
    I think he might be the only 2nd 8g, hsinya being 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by icEbErg629
    I think your the first person on the west coast to actually complete it.
    I think he might be the only 2nd 8g, hsinya being 1st..
    maybe for west coast. Shane aka Headache did it first for the 8g, I did it second, third, fourth and sixth. I have done 4, 5 speed swaps. Kevin from VA did it 5th. Cali did it too but his car isnt running yet. So pretty soon there will be about 10, 5 speed 8g's
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Man I just wish I have a garage for this...I can't even dust off my car in my own apartment space due to my anal apt manager :cry:

hey stewi, where in ny do u live im very interested in doing this swap but i suck at mechanical stuff like this so do u think you would be able to help me since you've done it before?
    I am not a baby, I'm a man! I'm an anchorman! I'm man who invented the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of iron and brawn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12