The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed swap pictures...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

5 speed swap pictures...

heres some pictures of theblackpearls (dustin) tranny swap in process...

doesnt that look more at home..?

damn ya gotta hate those soft bolts.. but a chizle and a hammer work wonders

thennnnnn

and there he is.. wearing his tgc hoody.. pimpin
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    mmm, i can't decide which pictures are hotter.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

theblackpearl
    id say the last one

Experienced TGC Member
    oh SO sexay.
    BTW You are purchasing a turbo manifold next right? :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by theblackpearl
    id say the last one
    lol

i say BOO to soft hydraulic clutch line
    should have installed some prothane mounts while you had the tranny out.

look nice though, hope you are ready to hand people their asses

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Damn B, I thought that was your G getting a swap, but I'm sure yours is coming soon, huh?

theblackpearl
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR

only about 8 inches of the clutchline is soft the rest is hardline..goes liek this

master--hardline---softline---hardline--slave...

kinda odd IMO

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    god those pics bring back memories. memories of cutting, drilling, hurling automatic shifters into the air and hoping never to see them again, and ahh yes, nobody can forget the heavy ass auto tranny, I hated carrying that thing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

only about 8 inches of the clutchline is soft the rest is hardline..goes liek this

master--hardline---softline---hardline--slave...

kinda odd IMO
    yeah the short softline is there for engine movement. AKA flexline. its a good thing to upgrade, cheap too(mine was 20 bucks). gives better feeling in the pedal and accuracy.
    you line looks relatively new though. probably not that bad, but you will feel a difference w/ the upgrade. especially if running heavier pressure plates.
    get the prothane baby!

any updates?
    i'm a pic whore

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

theblackpearl
    that hose was cut i just picked up the new one today..its made out of totally different material than the one in the pic..not sure if its polyurathane though..i think i might actually have it running tonight at least im prayin it will start an shit.. i picked up everything else i needed from the dealer today.. im just a lil concerned with the fact i dont think my speed sensor or reverse light will be able to get hooked up...

more pics will be posted later

that hose was cut i just picked up the new one today..its made out of totally different material than the one in the pic..not sure if its polyurathane though..i think i might actually have it running tonight at least im prayin it will start an shit.. i picked up everything else i needed from the dealer today.. im just a lil concerned with the fact i dont think my speed sensor or reverse light will be able to get hooked up...

nah i was saying polyurethane motor and trans mounts Dirty.

it will start as long as your neutral safety switch was dealt with.

whats the deal w/ the reverse switch and speedo?
    different connectors? will the switch from the auto thread into the manual?
    whats different about the speedo?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

theblackpearl
    well they are different connectors.. and the dudes that ripped my tranny out and sold it to me fucked it up and cut the wires on the harnesses down to nothing so i cant even splice into them or anything. they also forgot another fucking part that i just found out about..i cant believe this fuckin shit man omg...will post pics later tonight

thats beautiful . looks like your doin a good job. bet you can't wait till you can drive it !

well they are different connectors.. and the dudes that ripped my tranny out and sold it to me fucked it up and cut the wires on the harnesses down to nothing so i cant even splice into them or anything. they also forgot another fucking part that i just found out about..i cant believe this fuckin shit man omg...will post pics later tonight
    if the connector are attatched
    i mean if you have them, then just open them up and either solder the wire to the pin, or undo the crimping ofeach pin, and re crimp them, then reasemble the connectors
    if you look closely at the connecters you should be able to see that they can be opened. be gentle.
    but it can be done.
    that should take care of that issue.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

first off, relax. consider yourself lucky, my first swap took me like 3 weeks due to alot of BS with missing parts and the like. The Speed sensor for the auto tranny and the manual tranny are the same exact thing and so is the connector, so if the one they gave you is broken, all you do is take it out and put in the one from your auto. As far as the reverse lights are concerned, they will not work, not yet. There is a way to do it, if you have the factory galant tech manual or the haynes manual for the 2000+ eclipse, look at the wiring diagram going to the gear selector, one of them wires is a hot wire to the reverse lights. you need to get the connector that goes on the tranny reverse sensor, that reverse sensor has 3 wires. You need to connect one to the hot wire that your going to get from the auto gear selector, one to a 5V positive, and another to ground. I dont know the wire colors off hand, if you have the manual you can find them easily. if your having any problems with anything, shoot me a PM, I've done this 4 times already, so I know what your going thru
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You dont need a speedometer anyway...Do you john? :lauging:
    7g for life!

nah i was saying polyurethane motor and trans mounts Dirty.

it will start as long as your neutral safety switch was dealt with.

whats the deal w/ the reverse switch and speedo?
    different connectors? will the switch from the auto thread into the manual?
    whats different about the speedo?

there are no neutral safety switches on these trannies. The only safety switch is for the clutch, and you would only be able to wire it in by running it inline with your starter relay so that you couldnt start the car unless the clutch was depressed. To get the motor to start, all you need to do is take the old auto gear selector box and turn it to either park or neutral. you can just tape it up and tuck it away somewhere or you can physically cut the wires and solder them together. I recommend tucking it away because im not sure what kinda CEL codes it might throw if you cut into those wires. Im not sure what year your car is, but you might throw a CEL for a transmission solenoid circuit failure. I didnt have it happen on my 99' or a 2000, but I did have it on a 2001. I still havent figured out how to make that CEL go away, im pretty sure you need to just go thru the wiring diagrams for the tranny solenoid connector and loop them, almost like wiring in a "jumper" to bypass them.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

theblackpearl
    all this is great info...thanks

stewi i definitly am going to shoot you a pm because there is some fucked up shit going on i need help with...

theblackpearl

i need the piece that goes on the end of that shaft that is sticking out of the tranny..

damn man looking good, hope everything works out and like always man if you have a problem just ask the guys here at the center
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast