The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turning problems!!!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Turning problems!!!

Whats up crew!!!! A few quick questions, 1. When i am making right turns the cars steering wheel shakes like crazy what could that be?

2. My power steering belt makes a squeling noise thats driving me crazy, it sratred after i changed my altenator belt i thought that belt was making the noise. i tighten the power steering belt but it still makes noise, on the same note i went to check the altenator belt and the altenator was smokin hot i burned the shit out of me i never experienced that b/4 what could all of this be??????? :shock: [/b]

Proto
    1. no

2. replace the powersteering belt, its normally the one that squeals.

retention the belt alot more, these cars belts slip if not properly tentioned.
    it may seem tight to you but you have to have it damn tight to get it to stop slipping / squeling.

Do not tense the belts too much, it will mess up the power steering pump and alternator bearings and youll spend more money. Just buy some new belts from the dealer and tense them to specifications.

The 2 things that get affected on turns are inner and outer tie rods and axles, so you might wanna check them.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Do not tense the belts too much, it will mess up the power steering pump and alternator bearings and youll spend more money. Just buy some new belts from the dealer and tense them to specifications.

The 2 things that get affected on turns are inner and outer tie rods and axles, so you might wanna check them.
    Don't forget about the most important steering part, the steering rack & pinion. My guess is you have a failed p/s line and it is either building too much pressure, or not enough. Get the p/s system flushed and replace the belts on the car.

also alternator heat has a lot to do with electric load.

if you have a good battery it should work without as much heat....or if you have a short somewhere it'll get hot quickly too.

Check the inside of your tires too. When the tires wear unevenly, depending on how bad they are, they can have a lot of wheel shake as well. Hopefully its that simple, but like all the guys say check every little thing

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"