The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Rotors...

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Brake Rotors...

so i know the 7g is pretty hard on brakes, and my experience w/ the cheapies ($15 autozone rotors) shows they warp in about 3000 miles and barely stop the car from highway speeds (they overhead really badly). i was wondering if you guys could recommend some good brakes that wont break the bank (no pun intended) and will last awhile. im also planning on swapping out the front pads in a week as well.

wish i had those rear rotors from a GS....

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

jreezee
    I'm searching for the same thing right now. I'm thinking of going Powerstop or Brembo.

I got the Brembo slotted. Great stoppin...noticable difference. Brake pads I am still trying to figure out what would be best. EBC suck! They stop great but they dont last long at all!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I got the Brembo slotted. Great stoppin...noticable difference. Brake pads I am still trying to figure out what would be best. EBC suck! They stop great but they dont last long at all! Check out the Brembos on Tirerack.com

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

jreezee

Get the brembos.. Huge different from stock.

spyder97gs
    Isn't it ridiculous how fast those rotors warp? Mine warped in about 5k. I got mine from Advance Auto. Time for new rotors and ceramic pads.

jreezee
    I just bought drilled and slotted rotors and Satisfied Pro Ceramic pads. I'll let you know how they are once i put them on.

Hawk pads are great. Don't get EBC they are horrible pads and are known to cause warping of the rotors. I also had Brembo rotors and they warped after 6 mos of use, I switched to powerslot rotors and never had a problem after that.

brembo's are nice rotors. many people do have problems with them for a few reasons. the main two reasons is that A, they buy bootleg brembo's. real brembo's have the brembo logo stamped into them. fake ones don't. another reason is because they get rotors that were machine not by brembo but by some 3rd party. real brembos come solid, drilled, or slotted. not a combination of drilled and slotted. but yea, many companies buy the solid brembos for like 20 bucks and machine them improperly to sell to you at a much higher price.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i've never seen rotors warp without good reason.

improper install and poor braking technique will ruin any rotor. regardless of pads

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I just installed my Crossdrilled Brembos with Axxis brake pads. The IMPORTANT thing (if you read the directions that come with quality brake rotors) is that you NEED to break them in. Usually its a 300 mile break in period with light braking 35mph or lower. Cheap rotors or brake pads are designed to meet safety requirement, not quality or OEM specs therefor they usually don't withstand compared to genuwine OEM parts. I recommend Brembos because they have a proven reputation and already even though I am still in the break in period there is a noticable different in braking and driveability.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i have brembo 8) too bad it was machined by someone else....had them for 2 years now... no problems soo far...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have had Brembos cross drilled/slotted by RaceConcepts.net for about 2 years now. Dont know if RaceConcepts.net is still a good company, I know they took a turn for the worst awhile back when Woody left, but they give TGC a discount.

Also using Axis metalmaster pads and its about time to replace them, but the rotors look to be in good shape still! Great combo, a little bad on the brake dust, but no squealing and they stop great.
    7g for life!

ya woody was a good man, mine still are perfect i love em
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    when i did my conversion i used powerstop crossdrilled, no warping since. I think i'm using some higher grade brake pads from advanced auto. But everything stops well and no problems.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i got mine from raceconcepts.net too. about 2 years ago. still have the same ones, awesome rotors. they still can get faded if you really start to push them through crazy turns, but no warping. if i got OEM ones they would warp within 20K miles, and this was back in high school when i just drove to work and school with a slow automatic

how are those powerstop rotors with fading? has anyone tried pushing them hard? i'd be willing to switch if i could really get on my brakes through the turns again
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Well i can't say that i've been the easiest on my brakes. There's a couple of times i've pretty much used them to get me through a couple of tight turns. Hell, the first week i put everything back together i almost came sideways trying to stop on the highway cause of some idiot.

Still... no warping.

But kind of like Kevin said, I broke my rotors in while driving slowly around town. Although, i must say it wasn't intentional, i was just scared i might have fudged my brakes up, so i was going to take it easy any where i drove.