The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Possible Fuel Problems

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    6a11v6

Possible Fuel Problems

Good Afternoon folks, I own a JDM lancer, with the 6a11 v6 1.8 SOHC engine. Now I know its a Galant forum, but no one at the lancer forums are able to help, as they have no experience with the JDM v6, and as from what i understand, is that the 6a11 also came in the 7th gen galants, so i hope u guys can help out 8)

Heres the scenario:

Firstly the car originally came with the 1.6 4 cyl 4g92, and the previous owner of the car swapped in the 1.8 V6. A poorly done swap, which i'm almost done firguring out the outstanding hiccups. Brakes were upgraded as well, but I don't think he upgraded the fuel pump.

Now, when I lift off the accelerator at around 70km, sometimes the car starts to buck, as if it out of gas, but it doesnt stall, as i simply replaced my foot on the accelerator and the car "jerks" back into a smooth idle and accelerates normally. I've tuned up the car, but didnt replace plug wires. I changed everything else including the fuel filter.
    i dont get any hard starts or funny idles otherwise, and no black smoke, so i dont think its the O2 sensor. I'm wondering if this problem can be caused be a faulty fuel pressure regulator, or a weak fuel pump (seeing that the stock pump was never upgraded)..

Can anyone help with this, as I'm a bit stumped right now, and somehow cant find the time to get a proper diagnostics check done, so I'm hoping to pin point the prob without running off to a costly mechanic.

Thanks everyone

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I'll take a crack at this.

Check your engine and tranny mounts.
    Since the car has no idling probs its not the pump, good starts on crank not the pump. If they indeed did swap out the engine and how shall i say, Fucked up yes it could be the regulators, and or somewhere along the lines of tuning.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

6a11v6
    thanks for the reply man. All mounts are good, and i'm upgrading the regulator to an fse adjustable regulator.
    i was speaking with some other folks about this, and they say it may be tps related. I'm gonna check the TPS and adjust it if need be. does anyone else think it may be tps related?

I want to get as much info as I can from all possible sources

Russian7G
    doesn't sound like tps to me
    with tps problem the tranny would jump to gears at wrong speed, but once you are in gear it shouldn't jerk

6a11v6
    hey guys, sorry to be updating this thread so late, but it was the TPS that caused this problem. The adjustment was way off..
    After it was adjusted within the correct range, problem was solved.

Thanks for the help