The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to: JDM Power Folding Mirrors Rewire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 55
    woohoo! Mines has been sitting on my desk collecting dust since march can't wait to see what you have done

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    The require is not that bad, I actually wired them up with out being in the car and it work perfectly once i put 12 volts through it. you have to run 2 extra. but i just plan to run all the wires i need to keep the stock piece intact.

I didn't use the module, the mirror stops when it's folded/opened. That's good enough for me.

On a sidenote since I'm writing here anyway lol... If you hook up the mirrors rigth, you can just colormatch the wires at the switch for the JDM one.

Quote Originally Posted by 02galant
    Hey GreyGoose I'll take your mirrors.
    Jokey joke

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    I didn't use the module, the mirror stops when it's folded/opened. That's good enough for me.

On a sidenote since I'm writing here anyway lol... If you hook up the mirrors rigth, you can just colormatch the wires at the switch for the JDM one.
    Ok so i have the JDM switch with the harness (Courtesy of Trigger).
    So all i NEED to do is color match and i'm good, RIGHT? No module for the motor, or nothing? they should open & close on command with the JDM switch. i'll get to work when i pull back in from sea.

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

Yes, that's how I did it and it works.

For the mirrors (either with the JDM or USDM switch):

LH

JDM Yellow -> USDM Blue
    JDM Blue -> USDM White
    JDM White -> USDM Green

RH

JDM Yellow -> USDM Blue
    JDM Blue -> USD White
    JDM White -> USDM Yellow

For the JDM switch, just colormatch evrything, plus the two extra wires routed from the mirror:

Green -> JDM switch Brown
    Orange -> JDM switch Sky Blue

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I have my 7g jdm mirrors hooked up with the regular wireharness for my usdm power mirrors, everything works fine except the folding part.

Has anyone figured out the wiring scheme for the 7g JDM control to USDM wiring?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have my 7g jdm mirrors hooked up with the regular wireharness for my usdm power mirrors, everything works fine except the folding part.

Has anyone figured out the wiring scheme for the 7g JDM control to USDM wiring?</div>
    i think it was proto who told me this but... someone had JDM mirrors and used their normal usdm switch to control the glass and wired a store bought switch to the wires that control the folding action.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bezzle)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have my 7g jdm mirrors hooked up with the regular wireharness for my usdm power mirrors, everything works fine except the folding part.

Has anyone figured out the wiring scheme for the 7g JDM control to USDM wiring?</div>
    i think it was proto who told me this but... someone had JDM mirrors and used their normal usdm switch to control the glass and wired a store bought switch to the wires that control the folding action.</div>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ght=dpdt+switch

But I think if you can find out how to match it to the 7g wires, the JDM switch will look better. Funny thing is, I found a Mirage on the junkyard the other day that was appearently prewired for the JDM switch as well... maybe I should've take the connector for comparison of the wirecolors, I dunno

ok so i just took me 6 hours to figure out how to splice my jdm mirror control to my usdm wiring for 7g Galant. let me go ahead and specify 94. As the coloring may be different on different years.

some hints:
    the strip on the oem wires denote side of car right miror or left mirror.

but of course it wasn't so easy. when i looked at the male piggy tail for the driverside mirror (wires on the door), it has brown, yellow and green wires all with a red stripe, and the passenger side had the same all with a blue stripe.

when i went to test those same colors from the back of the oem control out of the dash ie brown, yellow, and green with red stripe the passenger side moved, and vice versus...

Any way long story short, this is what i got.

OEM colors -------------- Jdm Wires
    (dash)-------------------(harness)

Blue/ orange stripe---- blue (12v)

black ---- black (ground for whole system)

yellow/ red stripe---- orange/blk strp (left and right passenger side)

green/red strp----- green/blk strp (up down, passenger)

yellow/ blue strp----- Blue/ yellow strp (left right, driverside)*

green/blue strp------ orange/ blue strp (up down driverside)*

brown/ blue strp----- red/yellow strp (switched + for both mirrors)

the controls for the folding part are the same as everyone else has stated
    sky blue to orange, and brown to green.

To make it a little cleaner, I got a donor power mirror male piggy harness from 92 diamonte LS. took out the blk and blk/red strp. and put them into my stock piggy tail, now i have a 5 prong piggy instead of 2, just need to run the wires.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    AWESOME. you need to start a new thread with that post...i can't wait to go out and finally wire my jdm switch now

many, many thanks blue ice
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Just reading this to figure out how to wire my mirrors...and I just looked at my switch and relay, and all my wires have different colors then whats posted......

here are my wire colors....idk its on old looking switch, is it from a 6G?

JDM mirror switch
    green.....might be a faded blue
    white.....might be white-yellow stripe hard to tell
    black
    yellow-blue stripe
    yellow-red stripe
    green-white stripe
    green-red stripe
    brown-blue stripe
    brown-white stripe
    blue-yellow stripe
    black-yellow stripe

JDM relay
    black
    brown
    brown-white strips
    brown-blue stripe
    brown-black stripe
    red-black stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    ok so i just took me 6 hours to figure out how to splice my jdm mirror control to my usdm wiring for 7g Galant. let me go ahead and specify 94. As the coloring may be different on different years.
    the one i wrote was for a 7g, the one Cali wrote was for an 8g... and you havea 6g. You'll probalby have to play with wires for your set up. I'm not sure what the differences is from your switch and relay.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset View Post
    Just reading this to figure out how to wire my mirrors...and I just looked at my switch and relay, and all my wires have different colors then whats posted......

here are my wire colors....idk its on old looking switch, is it from a 6G?

JDM mirror switch
    green.....might be a faded blue
    white.....might be white-yellow stripe hard to tell
    black
    yellow-blue stripe
    yellow-red stripe
    green-white stripe
    green-red stripe
    brown-blue stripe
    brown-white stripe
    blue-yellow stripe
    black-yellow stripe

JDM relay
    black
    brown
    brown-white strips
    brown-blue stripe
    brown-black stripe
    red-black stripe

so, did you ever figure out how to wire it? if so, which one is 12V and the ground.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

I havent had the time to figure out this switch, from what I can tell it is a switch off of a 6G. I did figure out the wiring to use my USDM switch. I think Im just going to try to find JDM switch for the 8G to make this easier to do.

or you could wire a toggle switch for the folding part, that may be cheaper and easier than tracking down juat a jdm switch

true, but I kinda want the switch, it would look better then a toggle switch.

so whats the point of this module if you can use the switch to do make them function?

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post
    so whats the point of this module if you can use the switch to do make them function?
    so it looks stock

Don't mean to bring up such an old thread but I bought two good condition 6th gen JDM VR4 mirrors with harness, switch (harnessed), and relay (harnessed) and was wondering if anyone could help me out with translation or how to wire these damn things up? Here are the two links I'm currently working with!

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=38274&width=800

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=38275&width=800

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Bustedsm View Post
    Don't mean to bring up such an old thread but I bought two good condition 6th gen JDM VR4 mirrors with harness, switch (harnessed), and relay (harnessed) and was wondering if anyone could help me out with translation or how to wire these damn things up? Here are the two links I'm currently working with!

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=38274&width=800

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=38275&width=800

TIA
    X10! on a translation of this, this would help me out as well. Just looking at this kinda helps me see what I have and what goes to where.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast