The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1G TB WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

MOST EXCELLENT

you have a 90 style oil cooler.
    this means you have the provisions for an external air cooled oil cooler already, with the factory controlled thermostat for oil temp regulation to prevent overcooling and allow for quick warm ups.

if you need the adaptor fittings to convert from those crappy banjo's to a straight through -8 an fitting, just let me know.
    then you can make your own lines to plumb your oil cooler how you please and can maximize flow to it w/o the restriction of a banjo bolt.

i'll post pics of how i did mine.
    seth did his the same way.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

nice o2 housing btw

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

it's one of those Ebay o2 housings,said it was 3", but it think it's more like 2 3/4, but still significantly larger, The waste gate is smaller, but it doesn't have any weird bumps, it's perfectly round for better flow.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Nice! I really need to snag a tubular o2 housing.

Dont all JDM 6gvr4 motors have hte external oil cooler oil filter housings? I know only US 1990 models did, but I thought all JDM 6gvr4 models had them.

Anywho, hurry up and get that swap done
    7g for life!

i'm trying i'm trying, but i'm running low on funds. Plus i want to do a few more mods i can with the engine out, right now i'm working on replacing the 1g exhaust mani with the 2g mani, waiting on sum stuff from SBR to complete that, then i'll need to get the LSD and install that to the G manny tranny before it goes on.

I got a temporary roomie, but if he stay's that will me more income for me, and then i'll really start buying more crap.

I think the FMIC piping from dejon will fit, and i really like the clean look of their stuff, I already have the intake, just need to get the J pipe for sure and rest of the other stuff.

What about ignition upgrades, and i might be able to talk my cousin out of his 18g turbo that he wants to put on his wifes eclipse, they've had it for 2 years and haven't done anything with it, and some other fuel system upgrades. I'll be talking with them tonight about their set up.

Eh I would just get some NGK BPR6ES plugs and Accell ignition wires. Stock coil packs are fine for now. If you want to get a sweet setup get a coil on plug setup from eBay and run the Megasquirt Fuel-n-Spark.
    7g for life!

another question, i 'm having trouble getting the old o2 sensor out, i'm thinking bout just buying another. the engine wireharness i have is a 2g wireharness, is there a difference in sensors from 1g to 2g.

There is a difference in wiring, not sure in the sensor itself. A 1g sensor will screw into a 2g o2 housing just fine.

May as well just buy a new o2 sensor. Peano posted a few sites with good deals on o2 sensors awhile back.

Coat the sensor in some PB Blaster and let it sit a few ours. With an o2 socket and a breaker bar, you should be able to crack it loose.
    7g for life!

and use some anti-sieze when installing it.. some come w/ a light coating on it.. extra never hurt..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12