The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6g72 Turbo Kit Special

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

6g72 Turbo Kit Special

if u have a v6 check it out:
    http://www.xtecheng.com/
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

It's not the prettiest of turbos but if it does the job then more power to this company. It's kinda funny how the before and after pictures are not even the same car.

Now this supercharger below... This thing is so pretty I bet you will pass your visual when you go for the smog check. (not really) If it had black hoses instead of blue and that filter wasn't there, it would look stock.

If I was to choose any of the turbos or superchargers, this is the ONE.

i see where u comming from bgr...

though it is not for the looks, what really matters is the whp....
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

The RIPPS supercharger blows this away with over 250+ WHP

From Club3G:

Dyno'd:
    - 247.5hp uncorrected* at the wheels (308.75 crank HP)
    - 221.7lbs/tq uncorrected* at the wheels

* Corrected added ~9hp and a few more lbs/tq

I'm with you Rich. That Ripps is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. But I heard that the 3G people are having some problems. Oh if I only had a big lottery hit so I could spend the 5 large and put that on my car....sigh.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I think the words having some problems has been applied to every turbo and supercharger that has been available for the 3G (and 8G). I haven't heard of any real success stories but then again, I haven't really looked for them, just the pictures. :shock:

I absolutely agree, which is why I don't have a turbo or an SC on my daily drive...And why I would be skeptical about having a turbo installed somewhere other than where i bought it if I were among the majority. I'm lucky because I have a true drag car mechanic close by. I'm wondering if our car can handle 6.6 pounds without a lot of other safety mods.

But this turbo looks good and is a good price. Now, keep in mind that xtech is one of RPW's distributors. So I'm holding out for the twin unit from David. Chances are xtech will distribute it here in the states along with Vision and Phantom.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

You're right, Chip. If I had to choose this one or Doug's, I'd choose this one. BTW, have you seen Doug's ad in SuperStreet? It's on one of the last pages. The 8G Galants are listed and are the most expensive. Go Doug!

Senior TGC Member
    Why are you two the only ones in here...lemme wreak a little havoc I'd rather have a twin-turbo setup if it could be had for less than a supercharger... 8)
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison