The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mucho problemo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

mucho problemo

after hooking up eveything in the whip, and adding another battery plus a big ass cap..when i am stalled the car shakes unusually and stops, i had to restart it about 5 times within minutes, could it be the alternator being overworked by the 2 batteries/? or something else?
    doing my thing, one mod at a time

if you've disconnected the battery then its just your computer being restarted and being confused... try this if when you are driving put ur car in neutral and see if it sputters and the lights come on or if it dies. if so then its just the computer being confused. drive it ALOT on and put at least 100 miles on it and everything will go back to normal.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

hi

but it isnt restarting, it just cuts off, and makes clicking sounds. its likewhen i start it, i gotta rev it to keep it on, as soon as i switch to gear to grive, KAPUT, it turns off

thats the alternator not having enough power to keep all your electronics on. get a more powerful alternator, and you'll be fine

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

what did you hook up?? hooking up everything doesn't really tell us that much. especially since everything in the car basically comes pre hooked up from the factory.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    when i have my the power disconnected. I have to let the computer fuzzy logic balance it self. I would have the car in park it after turning it on if it goes to low hit the gas and keep it below 2000RPM and let of it and leave the car running for a bit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dominicano)</div><div class='quotemain'>when i have my the power disconnected. I have to let the computer fuzzy logic balance it self. Â*I would have the car in park it after turning it on if it goes to low hit the gas and keep it below 2000RPM and let of it and leave the car running for a bit.</div>

thats right, now it's all coming back to me:

when my battery light came on, i had to change it immediately. so i did when the new battery was hooked up the car wouldn't stay on. so then i thought it was the alternator being stupid. when all it needed was some running time to reset the computer. DUH

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

hi

intake manifold broken

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UR-M_I_A'01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dominicano)</div><div class='quotemain'>when i have my the power disconnected. I have to let the computer fuzzy logic balance it self. Â*I would have the car in park it after turning it on if it goes to low hit the gas and keep it below 2000RPM and let of it and leave the car running for a bit.</div>

thats right, now it's all coming back to me:

when my battery light came on, i had to change it immediately. so i did when the new battery was hooked up the car wouldn't stay on. so then i thought it was the alternator being stupid. when all it needed was some running time to reset the computer. DUH </div>

couldnt you just reset the comp rather than waste gas driving?
    with my friends civic, way back when, we started the car then pulled the chip out then turned the car off. we then put the chip back in while it was off and started the car agian, let idle for a few minutes and presto chango the chip was reset. can we not do this w/ our cars or something, b/c i for one havent tried it but id assume its feasable.......
    -Andrew
    RIP: 02 8G Galant....

Current:
    06 Evo IX MR SE
    DD: 94 NA8 Miata

hi

dude, read above, the intake mainfold is boken, so wheni force air into it it runs, as soon as i let go off the accelerator, no air, it shuts off

yeah i saw that, sorry to bring it slightly off topic but i was refering to the quoted statement
    -Andrew
    RIP: 02 8G Galant....

Current:
    06 Evo IX MR SE
    DD: 94 NA8 Miata

Re: hi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cremeofthecrop)</div><div class='quotemain'>dude, read above, the intake mainfold is boken, so wheni force air into it it runs, as soon as i let go off the accelerator, no air, it shuts off</div>

Not sure if he was nessesarily talking to you, but good luck with your problem, sorry to hear :?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    that sux theres better ones out there for our G's, u should upgrade

hi

who else makes it for our car? i mean the exhaust manifold shows up as headers on ebay, but i know it isnt headers, it is the black piece the CAI goes into, on middle rear of the engine, that is the intake manifold right??

Re: hi

Quote Originally Posted by cremeofthecrop
    who else makes it for our car? i mean the exhaust manifold shows up as headers on ebay, but i know it isnt headers, it is the black piece the CAI goes into, on middle rear of the engine, that is the intake manifold right??
    Get one from an Outlander. The Outlander uses the same 4G64 engine but the intake manifold is different than on the Galant. By different, I mean better, but it fits. Maximus has it on his Galant. There have been many 4cyl Galant owners that have been having their crappy intake manifolds break. They are so thin. Ask Krispy about his, I believe his has broke a few times already. Click here for a thread about the Outlander intake manifold.

hi

dealer item?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Yo i sell all that shit here, go to Gunhill Auto Parts and ask Bobby to call me up at the warehouse to see if i have it in stock or if i can get it off the shuttle at 1:30pm (name is Al) You know me by face, Im the one that put you on to the forum. The one with the black 7G with the cameras and shit.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I remember I had the same problem after I reset the computer. I would turn on the car and rev it to 2000rpm and then it would shut off. it turned out that I forgot to connect my MAS sensor in to the intake manifold so I reset the car again and hooked the sensor this time and it's been working fine now.

I know you probably have the MAS connected and didn't forget it like I did but my point is, your problem is most likly in the plug or the sensor part it self.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Hey did you ever talk to Bobby yet? I have the intake manifolds in stock.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast