The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rumor Mill - Mitsu stuff in the WORKS

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Rumor Mill - Mitsu stuff in the WORKS

I visited WORKS Mitsubishi in San Francisco today, and was talking to one of the employees. They are currently developing a supercharger for the 2.4L 4G Eclipse, which should be good news for the 2.4L 9G folks. They will also be releasing a suspension setup for the 4G Eclipse soon, as well as an ECU flash program and other goodies.

The guy at WORKS also told me that they applied to the Ralliart Program and should be an official source for Mitsu soon. Currently they do mostly stuff for the Evo (one was getting an ECU flashed when I was there), but are branching out to the 4G Eclipse as well.

http://www.worksmitsu.com

Experienced TGC Member
    good stuff....

too bad we're back in the dust now (us 8'gs lol)
    -Chris

I knew of the ralliart stuff, but if it DOES happen you should probably expect one really big thing..
    no warranty.
    ralliart, similar to the way TRD was with toyota, will probably offer little to no warranty on any hi-po parts.
    not a big deal to most, but possibly some.

Warranty!

To void your cars warranty, it has to be proven that the aftermarket part in question, is the sole responsibility, for damage that occurs. Many times it's hard to prove, but then again, if you go install a No2 kit and you burn a piston, then say goodbye to your warranty.

Xska55
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    I knew of the ralliart stuff, but if it DOES happen you should probably expect one really big thing..
    no warranty.
    ralliart, similar to the way TRD was with toyota, will probably offer little to no warranty on any hi-po parts.
    This is tru, but who needs warranty when the dealer is gonna find a way out of fixing it under warranty anyway, even if your car isnt fitted with aftermarket parts. If they do honor it and get there hands on your car then you can be sure that your car will be going back to the dealer the following week for something they screwed up while they were trying to fix it the first time.

Ive heard some many dealer horror stories that its truly unbelievable, my favorite was when BigMike brought his car to the dealer because his tranny wasnt shifting and they told him that the problem is his 3rd gen JDM tailights among other things. I think they charged him like $250 for that diagnosis too.

To bad Works couldnt do a turbo kit for are 3rd gen eclipse/ 8thgen galant. Or even Ralliart making some parts for are platform, that would be nice.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    no warranty.
    or they can take the route of Mopar with the SRT4's and everything that is dealer installed is warranted. Dodge dealers here install a mopar turbo kit for SRT4 guys and their warranty is still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS