The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tearstone V6 Turbo Kit (Lots of Pics)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 157

Tearstone V6 Turbo Kit (Lots of Pics)

Well, it finally arrived, in a big ass heavy box...

Also got my Braille battery - this thing is so friggin small and light!

On top of the OEM battery:

A little bit bigger than a 12V Lantern Battery 8O :

Still waiting on the 3" catback system, but at least I got the important go-fast bits.

wow congrats bro....,-D the battrey? is it powerfull? whats the point of an small battrey any thing which is good about it???
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    Pure sex...thats all I have to say. Pure sex. Can't wait to see the finished product.

thats f'n nice

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    wow congrats bro....,-D the battrey? is it powerfull? whats the point of an small battrey any thing which is good about it???
    im assuming a smaller battery = less fitment constraints under the hood....
    -Andrew
    RIP: 02 8G Galant....

Current:
    06 Evo IX MR SE
    DD: 94 NA8 Miata

less weight too. Len are you still gonna put it in the trunk? i used 19ft of 0ga wire to move mine it was perfect. like i said on the other board goodluck and i'll be looking forward to seeing this at the socal meet haha
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Get it put on and let us know, I think you are going to be the guinea pig for a lot of us v6 guys.
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    IT HAS COME

i say you start putting the pieces/parts on now and put the exhuast on later, that way you can feel a before/after difference (a huge difference)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Congratulations man. I'm sure the wait will be worth it. I aint gonna lie, I'm envious of you and everyone else getting this kit. Have fun with it, I know I would.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

hmm depneding on your outcome im going to buy this kit instead of buying part by part...
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    hmm depneding on your outcome im going to buy this kit instead of buying part by part...
    Outcome? Well all the turbo 3Gs have reported EXCELLENT results with this kit.

Also it will cost quite a lot to get the exhaust manifolds custom made. Unless you can find one of the older xtech/AAI manifolds.

dont they just connect ur old manifolds to this turbo and then turbo back exahust?
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    dont they just connect ur old manifolds to this turbo and then turbo back exahust?
    Yeah, the kit basically deletes the precats, while still using the stock exhaust manifolds. The collectors (E2 for front bank and E4 for rear bank) sit where the precats would be, with the turbo sitting on top of the square flange on E2.

The Braille Battery was mainly for fitment as the piping uses up a lot of the area near the battery. Losing 50 lbs doesn't sound so bad either. I'm thinking of mounting the battery behind the left headlight or in the stock position.

Catback should be shipped soon. I'm not waiting for the exhaust though. The kit is going on NOW!

Unrwapped the piping and connectors and arranged everything for easier identification.

Turbonetics Silicon Connectors:

Hot Side (Exhaust) Piping:

Cold Side (Intake) Piping:

Money Shot:

And so it begins...

gorgeous, just gorgeous

theblackpearl
    dude im literally drooling...no joke you better have this hooked up in time to roll down to LA omfg dude i would be so excited..

sweet. cant wait to see it at the meet... for the I4 whats kit is good to go for?... the budget kit or the enhanced kit?.. sorry new to this whole engine scene..

It looks like I need to go and find my stock exhaust manifolds. If not its junkyard city.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    It looks like I need to go and find my stock exhaust manifolds. If not its junkyard city.
    If not, I've got a spare set that I was going to port out, but funds are running dry.

hey if matt finds his, would you consider selling it to me? will the V6 manifold fit my I-4 manifold? cuz i need to get a new 01+ for the budject kit..Thats only if matt find his..Thanks

Ps: Does the enhanced kit come with a Fuel system?
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    hey if matt finds his, would you consider selling it to me? will the V6 manifold fit my I-4 manifold? cuz i need to get a new 01+ for the budject kit..Thats only if matt find his..Thanks

Ps: Does the enhanced kit come with a Fuel system?
    V6 manifolds will not fit the I4 - here's a pic of what the stockers look like (painted with high temp silver engine paint):

The Tearstone Enhanced I4 kit comes with everything including fuel system and manifold. (fuel system is optional on the budget system)

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    sweet. cant wait to see it at the meet... for the I4 whats kit is good to go for?... the budget kit or the enhanced kit?.. sorry new to this whole engine scene..
    At bare minimum, I would get the Budget kit with fuel system and intercooler options.

I think I may need those, how much do you want for them. I know they are quite heavy to ship too.
    Love,
    Matt

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast