The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: manifold

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    galant king

manifold

Has anyone thought about using the stock headers and cutting it before the cat, then welding a turbo flane to it. thats what im going to do. and it will clear everything.

6 or 4 cyl? the 4 u can do whatevre since there is so much damn space, but the six is harder o do due to the space being a litle limited...

u could just get a 2g turbo mani if ur a 4 and itl probably hold better and not risk cracking your weld....
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You can do that...it can work. Machine shops or a good fabricator can make that. Worst case scenerio...they cut all the way to the flange go from there to make the manifold.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    The problem maybe that no one wants to work with cast iron.

Idk all that much about the specifics, but I remeber one welder telling me that he wouldn't weld cast iron manifolds because its too difficult...or something along those lines.

I think Tearstone kits do something like that?. Use headers instead of a manifold. I think on thier page it says you can use stock headers. I'm not 100% though. Or if they said aftermarket headers. I would ask tearstone and see what he says.

My dad is a welder, and he said that Cast Iron is a royal pain in the ass to weld. Well not weld but keep it from falling apart at the welds. He said especially if you weld another metal to it like a SS flange, because they heat at different rates and one cracks the other sometimes.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>My dad is a welder, and he said that Cast Iron is a royal pain in the ass to weld. Well not weld but keep it from falling apart at the welds. He said especially if you weld another metal to it like a SS flange, because they heat at different rates and one cracks the other sometimes.</div>

Their we go! I knew it!

As for Tearstone, idk about the I4 kit, but for the V6 he supplies custom turbo manifolds that bolt on to the stock manifolds. No fabrication is required.

add those to my list

Back in the Family!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Screw that. Why waste your money. May as well just buy a flange and make your own tubular header. Or just buy a $180 Evo3 manifold. If you are penny pinching, just get a OEM 2g manifold for $100-120 and port it yourself..
    7g for life!