The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tearstone V6 Turbo Kit (Lots of Pics)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Showing results 141 to 157 of 157
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>87</div>

Huaa?</div>
    Made you look...

I use 93 all the time.
    7g for life!

Only the best for my baby - nothing less that 91.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Only the best for my baby - nothing less that 91.</div>

i feel bad for you guys in cali, we can get 94 and 97 at the pump in NY, well at least at certain sunoco stations....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Only the best for my baby - nothing less that 91.</div>

i feel bad for you guys in cali, we can get 94 and 97 at the pump in NY, well at least at certain sunoco stations....</div>

Yeah the most we get out in Cali is 91.

Lessons for the day:
    Always carry a set of tools with you.
    One of the couplers on my intake tubing worked itself loose and I didn't have any tools with me to get it back on. :oops: :x

Fortunately my cousin happen to drive by and helped me push my car to a safe place.

Yes, I ALWAYS carry a set of sockets, open ends, and spark plug socket just in case. I blew off a coupler once on the highway, pulled over, pushed it back on and tightened it up. I have my t-bolt clamps on tight enough now that I never blow off a coupler. Get rid of all your worm clamps and invest in t-bolt clamps. You will be surpised on the difference in clamping forces.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, I ALWAYS carry a set of sockets, open ends, and spark plug socket just in case. Â*I blew off a coupler once on the highway, pulled over, pushed it back on and tightened it up. Â*I have my t-bolt clamps on tight enough now that I never blow off a coupler. Â*Get rid of all your worm clamps and invest in t-bolt clamps. Â*You will be surpised on the difference in clamping forces.</div>

Yeah, my little incident this morning has me looking for some good ones - where did you find yours?

Can get tbolt clamps on eBay or any DSM store
    7g for life!

8G_GTZ
    D/L the vid, sounds good Len. I'm amazed and actually makes me miss my Talon. Good luck with her.

Steve

Took her to the dyno today - had a bit of problems trying to get a clean run in, as the tranny was not cooperating (kept on shifting), but got some good numbers:

Base, Stock
    143.4 WHP @5250
    159.3 Ft.Lbs. @4250

Test, 6PSI
    213.8 WHP @ 5250
    249 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4250

Increase of 70.4 WHP, 89.7 Ft.-Lbs. of torque. Not too shabby considering boost was maxing out at 6PSI and everything else is stock, except for the muffler, and I'm on the baseline tune. Should be able to get more with a better tune, and gotta find out why boost wasn't getting past 6PSI

Unfortunately, their printer wasn't working, so I had to get some screen caps for now:

Videos coming soon...

Edit: Corrected PSI Reading

daym bro nice!!..Congrats i wanna see the video see how it sounds :twisted: ....Ahhh i want my kit to be shipped
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

i'd like to see a pressure over rev graph.
    but from the looks of it, i think you are spooling kinda late?

what spring so you have in your wastegate?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    i'd like to see a pressure over rev graph.
    but from the looks of it, i think you are spooling kinda late?

what spring so you have in your wastegate?
    I was running my OBD datalogger and Zeitronix logger on the last run, and I'm going to convert the data to a graph once the videos are done.

I'm running the 9PSI spring on the wastegate (was preset from Tearstone). I have actually taken her up to 7PSI, on the road though :?

Some of the Eclipse guys were actually seeing something similar where boost wouldn't go over I thing 5PSI as well, so they ran the vac line for the wastegate to the brake booster.

hey man congrates. yeah i had a problem with inconsistant boost on my engine. try moving the wastegate signal to the brake booster and see if that helps. not sure if im going to have to do that since im getting a boost controller soon anyway. 12psi+ will be here in about 10days

dang how much did you spend all together ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skcor_b)</div><div class='quotemain'>dang how much did you spend all together ?</div>

Turbo kit: ~$5K
    Feeding the boost addiction: priceless

god damn

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678