The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: This Just IN

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    You are here entirely tooo much!!

This Just IN

Well i found out from a few mitsu reps and a few parts reps that sometimes its not the tranny that goes bad in our cars but the TCM that stops functioning.

Can anyone confirm this? (manybrews)

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Well, what is the TCM, what's the cost in replacing it, how do you know if it's the TCM and your tranny didn't go bad and PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN'T WASTE $1500 GETTING MY TRANNY FIXED!!!

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    TCM is the transmisson control module(tranny computer). easy to replace but cost an arm and a leg.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

How much is this proverbial arm and leg? If it's less than $1500, I probably got 0wn3d.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

who do you people talk to, anyway?

TCM failure is certainly not common. Neither is actual trans failure. But any part of any car can obviously indeed fail.

if youre having issues, you should have it professionally diagnosed, not just guess and whip parts at it.

I was having having tranny issues (even with flushing every 10K) they (dealership) replaced the A/T control relay and so far so good....havent had any jerking or missing...it was like an additional $90 when I had my 60K maintenance done...this was on my 8G...the particular relay sends power to the PCM (power control module)...pretty dam important circuit for the tranny...different from the 7G but something to think about,since the transmission itself is not just a mechanical entity.
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.