The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gauge cluster

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    Proto

gauge cluster

what would cause my gauge clutster not to work at all except for door ajar and bright light indicator? im thinking the little gay plastic circuit board on back got fucked up but everything else is fine.

does the cluster still light up at night? have you done anythign to your gauges before. maybe put on some overlays or unplugged the cluster to access something behind it?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Proto
    no it doesnt light up, odemeter doesnt work, tach, gas, temp, speedometer, etc... only door ajar and bright indicator. i think i need a new one.

you checked your fuses?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Proto
    fuses are good.

he was putting indiglo gauges...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Proto i am waiting on your answer
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>he was putting indiglo gauges...</div>

that explains it

....ummm the needles are pretty sensitive... if you took out the needles you probably pushed them back too hard. What you want to try doing is pulling them out slightly... just play around w/ them, you'll figure it out

when is we gon be free????

Proto
    replaced the cluster with a new one, still nothing. also my hazards rear defrost and clock dont work now. so ive came to the conclusing its between the fuses, wiring from fusebox to connector, or the connectors. so im doing a breakdown tomorrow. if anyone has any suggestions then post up.

Kempisdaman
    The clock, defroster and hazard buttons are out because of a bad fuse. replace that fuse and they will be fine. i had the same problem with them when i changed headunits

Proto
    checked all the fuses, they are fine.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Could be a relay somewhere thats gone bad? Do you have the service manual? Ill try to look it up tonight and see exactly where the wiring goes to. I wouldnt think a gauge cluster would just go bad like that, has to be some fuse or relay somewhere. Did you check the fuses under the dash and under the hood as well? Wouldnt think there would be a fuse under the hood for the cluster, but you never know.
    7g for life!

Proto
    fuses under dash and dash are fine. my bright light indicator is working again (fuse was blown) but still nothing. no service manual either. not sure if its the relays either. i replaced the cluster with another one and still nothing

Proto
    came to the conclusion that its in the wiring somewhere. something came unhooked, loose, somewhere along those lines. ill be riding down the road and my clock will cut on and off.. still with the correct time. any tips on where to pinpoint where?

*knows what it is*

*had this problem two days ago*

Go under your hood, into the fuse box. Not the under-dash fuse box. Replace your taillights fuse. Yes, take my word for it. Check it, I almost bet anything it's blown. I had this problem last week when I was screwing with something. All my guages shut off with no lights except for the door ajar one, various interior lights went off, and my taillights wouldn't work. I checked the fuse under the hood that says 'rear' or 'tail' or 'back' or something like that. Sure enough it was blown, I replaced it and all is well.

Hope it helps you.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>*knows what it is*

Go under your hood, into the fuse box. Â*Not the under-dash fuse box. Â*Replace your taillights fuse. Â*Yes, take my word for it. Â*Check it, I almost bet anything it's blown. Â*I had this problem last week when I was screwing with something. Â*All my guages shut off with no lights except for the door ajar one, various interior lights went off, and my taillights wouldn't work. Â*I checked the fuse under the hood that says 'rear' or 'tail' or 'back' or something like that. Â*Sure enough it was blown, I replaced it and all is well.

Hope it helps you.</div>

if the tail fuse was blown the tail lights and ENTIRE dash lights wouldnt work.
    before giving advice know what you are talking about.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Damn Proto you cold as ice But ya double and triple check your fuses and last but not least go over yor wiring up to the speedo and by you fuse box(in car). I got a Haynes manual i can scan in the pages you need but i doubt it will help till you find the problems source.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Proto
    i have access to unlimited resources thanks to honda usa 8)

tested all the fuses they were fine. connectors are fine behind cluster. its in the wiring.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>*knows what it is*

Go under your hood, into the fuse box. Â*Not the under-dash fuse box. Â*Replace your taillights fuse. Â*Yes, take my word for it. Â*Check it, I almost bet anything it's blown. Â*I had this problem last week when I was screwing with something. Â*All my guages shut off with no lights except for the door ajar one, various interior lights went off, and my taillights wouldn't work. Â*I checked the fuse under the hood that says 'rear' or 'tail' or 'back' or something like that. Â*Sure enough it was blown, I replaced it and all is well.

Hope it helps you.</div>

if the tail fuse was blown the tail lights and ENTIRE dash lights wouldnt work.
    before giving advice know what you are talking about.</div>

Why such a nasty response? I was only trying to help. Honestly, I had your same problem, exactly as you describe it the other day, and that's how I fixed it. Maybe there's a difference between 1994 and 1997 Galants, but I do know what I'm talking about. When all the lights go out on my dash, and I replace the taillights fuse, and the lights on the dash come back on, how can you argue?

Sorry, I was only trying to help.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.