The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g turbo w/ auto tranny????

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

8g turbo w/ auto tranny????

Hey i was just wondering im about to take my car to the Tearstone shop in orlando and have there budget turbo kit installed. Im planning on using low boost in oder to keep reliabillity. however i was wondering do you think that i will be ok atleast for a good while with the auto tranny? i have an I4 with 77k miles? i am planning on switching to a 5sp but prob not right away how long could i expect to have my auto tranny on before having problems? thanks for the help....

- Mike

hey mike,Congrats on the kit ur in the same boat as me,I just purchesed the top of the line budject kit,I talked to RUSS since i hade the same questions as u,He said IT BE FINEEE no porblems what so ever.Thier test car was a galant. and many people who got this kit are AUTo so dont worry bout ur tranny from what i herd and read about so far,Just like u im runing low boost 7.5 for now might go to 8.5 tops unitl i build the block up ,-D i got 64,000 miles. im goign to do a swap this summer also,But russ told me i should except no probs with the kit and my tranny. Hey i recamend and they will also tell you to get an TRANNY COOLER its like 30-80 bucks depends where u go it keeps heat down..pepboyz,autozone got em. Hope it helped if u need anymore help PM me and i can help u the best way i know
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    get a tranny cooler and you can help prolong the inevetable. we know mitsu auto trannies on our car are shit and are gauranteed to die. with a turbo your only speeding up the process.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Tearstone

Re: 8g turbo w/ auto tranny????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantking07)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey i was just wondering im about to take my car to the Tearstone shop in orlando and have there budget turbo kit installed. Im planning on using low boost in oder to keep reliabillity. however i was wondering do you think that i will be ok atleast for a good while with the auto tranny? i have an I4 with 77k miles? i am planning on switching to a 5sp but prob not right away how long could i expect to have my auto tranny on before having problems? thanks for the help....

- Mike</div>

Your auto tranny should hold up to 300whp without any real issues. There is a Eclipse GS guy that was roasting the tires off of his car through 1st and 2nd gear in his Sporty with his rebduilt cam engine, that's when he noticed it might have started slipping hehe. Like I said before the budget kit was built on a Auto Galant and it's been running for many months now with no issues. Just use a tranny cooler and life will be good.

Also, the only guy that I have coming by our office here in Orlando is from Palm Bay. I am unaware of anyone from Tampa coming to Orlando since the shop is in Clearwater. Please advise as soon as possible on that.

Thank you

hey gys thanks for all the help you guys just made up my mind i will def. do the kit now, and use the cooler, and Russ i dont know if it was you i emailed or not but i contacted tearstone and got a reply because i was curious about the kit and who ever emailed me back told me that since i live in tampa i could bring my car there when the kit came in and leave it with you guys and you would install it but he was supposed to email me back with the total price it would be for the budget kit, with fmic and fuel upgrade and installation... so if you could let me know i would apreciate it, i def want to do it the only thing im waiting on is to hear back from my sponsor on how much they are going to throw towards it thanks for all your help again i really apreciate it....

- Mike

so where can i find a "budget kit" for us V6 guys?

Back in the Family!!

Tearstone has those too

anyways, im 8g turbo auto on 9 psi, and no problems

i dont think they make a bidject kit for the v6..only I-4 from thier site
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Re: 8g turbo w/ auto tranny????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantking07)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey i was just wondering im about to take my car to the Tearstone shop in orlando and have there budget turbo kit installed. Im planning on using low boost in oder to keep reliabillity. however i was wondering do you think that i will be ok atleast for a good while with the auto tranny? i have an I4 with 77k miles? i am planning on switching to a 5sp but prob not right away how long could i expect to have my auto tranny on before having problems? thanks for the help....

- Mike</div>

i had about the same milage when i turboed my car. i have 96k on it now. the tranny is starting to slip, so ud be fine for about 6 to 8 months. and u can only get up to 250 whp on ur tranny. the eclipse sport shift is differant.

yeah but you didnt boost with the tearstone kit did you? and do you have a tranny cooler? cause i thought you built your own and if you did then often times the reliability isnt the same... from what i hear esp from the guys at tearstone, by keeping low boost, and getting a tranny cooler i should be fine and even if it only last 6-8 months that should be plently of time for me to find a good tranny to do the swap with... once again though thanks for all the insight and fee free to keep it going i will keep my progress updated and once it is boosted i will post pics and feedback... also i have nitrous on the car right now and will prob be selling it once i boost... its a Dynotuned adjustable 35-55-75 hp set up with complete puge kit i bought the kit brad new for 495.00 with shipping and have used it litterally 2 times the only reason i got it was for shows so the purge was put to use and thats about it if your intrested then make me an offer

ES-Turbo
    If you'd like to go for a ride in a galant with the base budget kit on it I'd be more than happy to help you out. You'll need to drive to the shop in Clearwater but it's just a short trip from Tampa anyways. One ride and you'll be sold!!

BTW, the auto tranny's seem to hold up fine. I still havent put a tranny cooler on yet. It's been over 15k miles with the turbo on and it's still working as it should.

Are there any fitment issues with the tranny cooler? Doesn't it mount in the same place as the intercooler in the front grill?

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit013
    Are there any fitment issues with the tranny cooler? Doesn't it mount in the same place as the intercooler in the front grill?
    There shouldnt be any fitment issues. There arent any on the Eclipse. The tranny cooler get's positioned on the passenger side of the condenser. There's still plenty of room for the intercooler tubing to get by.

you can put a tranny cooler just about whereever you want as long as it gets air. ive seen them put under the car just where the bumper ends..
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

i think im gonna get the tearstone turbo kit w/ my auto tranny as well. Seems as though the tranny can handle it from whay yall say. But ill wait until the spring.

im deffinately taking you up on that ride i will make that drive to take a ride in the car, and im sure it will sell me even more although im already pretty sold on the idea im just waiting to hear back from my sponsors and until i make the last payment on my engagement ring... but let me know when your availabe and im there! and see now i have opened they eyes to even more galant owners.. Tearstone turbo kit is the way to go...