The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Upgraded ECU

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    christiantuner

Upgraded ECU

I want to get an upgraded ECU for my 1990 Glant GS DOHC, ant sugestions?

The only things worth while that I have found are either piggy backed OR require you to mail your ecu in (Such as one the the JET options). If you are really looking to step things up a notch, get some venom injectors, make sure you have a nicely flowing intake and then either throw on a Venom 400 or JET V-Force module. You'll have to run some wiring for the JET and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the Venom unit. I have a Stage-1 Jet chip in my Monte Carlo and it really gave that car the kick it needed and I've also heard very good things about Venom. In the end, it's all up to how much money you want to spend. Just don't buy one of those $5-20 "chips" on ebay that splice into your IAT wire. My friend put one on his truck and wound up having to buy a couple new sensor's and almost a new PCM (same thing as an ecu).
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors

are you dohc?
    if you are, then just get a eprom ecu from a turbo car. email jeff obelhertzer at dsmchips.com. and he'll write you a eprom chip with all the fixings..
    more aggressive timing, better fuel maps, launch control... etc.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo