The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SES light came on after sputter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 53
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

SES light came on after sputter

Well I had jus ate lunch, came out to my car, started it up fine, reversed out of my spot, put it in D and started to accelerate while turning left... the car hopped a few times and then took off, and I was thinking "was I not getting traction?" due to last night's inch of snow... but then as soon as the car finally caught n started driving the yellow SES light came on.. any idea of what I should be looking for?

Well, if the SES light came on it will tell you what wrong with the car if you had the code read. I would start there and let usk now what the code says. Without it we are kind of lost.
    Love,
    Matt

and any licensed mechanic can get me the code correct? I dont trust the chain store up here called VIP, hopefully the guy I always go to can help me out

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to grab the diagnostic code. all you need is the code reader. pretty hard to fuck up.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I would go to VIP you cant fuckup reading a code of a machine.
    Love,
    Matt

yea. a mechanic might charge you for diagnostics. whereas VIP might not charge anything. or if they do, it won't be that much. maybe a few bucks??

i mean the connector only goes in one way. just read the code and write it down yourself.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    I think pepboys lets you use their tool for free.

alright i'll stop by to VIP... see what they are sayin and let u all kno

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    That happened to me too. Check this out.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...&highlight=tune

I have a Scantron so I just hooked it up and it told me what the problem was.

send me your scantron 8)

then tell me how to use it

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>send me your scantron Â*8) Â*

then tell me how to use it</div>

If you send it back, I'll lend it to you.

when was the last time you had a complete tune up(plugs, wires, ect.). that is what happen in my old car, all I needed was a tune up.

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

havent gotten one since i got the car when it had 69,xxx miles. now it has 82,xxx miles, i changed the plugs n thats all so far... maybe a tune up is in my near future

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    send me your scantron 8)

then tell me how to use it
    If you send it back, I'll lend it to you.
    yea i'd do that if you're willing to

question... so the coolant line runs from the radiator support to the coolant tank.. then theres the white coolant top, and on the top it has a two-ended "nipple" that connects the hose from the radiator cap to the tank.. then the other end of the nipple has a hose hanging off of it.. well at least mine jus has a hose hanging off of it.. can anyone tell me where this hose is supposed to hook up if it is supposed to??

I noticed this hose because I had to add coolant, I was hoping maybe thats why i was throwing a code

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    question... so the coolant line runs from the radiator support to the coolant tank.. then theres the white coolant top, and on the top it has a two-ended "nipple" that connects the hose from the radiator cap to the tank.. then the other end of the nipple has a hose hanging off of it.. well at least mine jus has a hose hanging off of it.. can anyone tell me where this hose is supposed to hook up if it is supposed to??

I noticed this hose because I had to add coolant, I was hoping maybe thats why i was throwing a code
    If that is the hose coming off the white coolant overflow bottle, then it doens't connect to anything - if I recall correctly it allows excess coolant to escape. Any luck getting the codes?

i probably wont get the codes till spring when im drivin it again, shes down for the winter

Yeah, that line is for coolant overflow and it just dumps out into the engine bay giving your passenger side a nice algae encrusted look.

Well I fixed this problem over spring break (Cylinder 2 Misfire) by changing all plugs back to NGK and getting new plug wires. Ran fine, but now recently the sputter has come back and the SES light is back as well. Should I be looking at the coil pack if I get another Cylinder 2 Misfire code? And, I'm not sure if it would matter, but when installing the new plugs and wires, the long rubber pack that goes down on top of lpug 4 I believe, was bent a little bit when my father tried to pull it out without taking something off that was connected to it and then me and my father just hand-bent it back into the correct position.. could that be causing the problem?

Well, I got my codes ran, still Cylinder 2 misfire... stopped at dealership, they wanted around $100 for a coil pack... anything else I can look to do before purchasing a coil pack? Plugs are seated well in their housings..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast