The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TearStone-8g I-4 Turbo Info 4/3 update pics/ vid/ #'s

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 310
    just called jimmie seems hes outa town so left a message, called my installer, asked him what his convo with jimmie about the wasteguage, he sent jimmie the pics of it, and jimmie himself said thats the wrong part since its big and hitting the starter. but my guy said he can make it fit its not no much of a issue and cost few extra $$$, the kits pretty much done expect the emange, and auxulator, and to make the wasteguage fit and couple little things...Lets just hope this kit gives me some decent power for the headace or its going FS and evo swap on its way
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    just called jimmie seems hes outa town so left a message, called my installer, asked him what his convo with jimmie about the wasteguage, he sent jimmie the pics of it, and jimmie himself said thats the wrong part since its big and hitting the starter. but my guy said he can make it fit its not no much of a issue and cost few extra $$$, the kits pretty much done expect the emange, and auxulator, and to make the wasteguage fit and couple little things...Lets just hope this kit gives me some decent power for the headace or its going FS and evo swap on its way
    good luck man. i hope everything works out for you. you know the Evo Swap is a whole new set of headaches but well worth it IF you get it to run.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Tearstone
    just called jimmie seems hes outa town so left a message
    Jimmie tried to call you last night but you were not picking up.

Experienced TGC Member
    The last few parts of the project can be some of the most stressfull. Stick in there man.

Just talked to jimmie, I'm going to get my manifold resurfaced in my shop since he said he can still cover my warranty...So that's better then nothing, the auxulator was the only wrong part ordered for this kit from speaking to jimmie. he seemed very sorry for about this. Ill get my shop to custom fit everything, and I should be good to go. And russ I wasn't slandering your company online, I haven't said tearstone inc is a crook or a thief nor anything close to that, just my grief I been going threw with this turbo kit, is what I posted up on my thread. The only issue i got really mad, is because with all the emails I send, the only response I get from you is call GCT, No ill check it out for you or anything in that nature. But anyway's I have no beef with you or GCT, I just want my turbo kit in my car without any farther issues. thanks

Yea bro tell me about it, this is really stressfull, i really hope everything comes out well
    13 GTR

Tearstone
    And russ I wasn't slandering your company online, I haven't said tearstone inc is a crook or a thief nor anything close to that, just my grief I been going threw with this turbo kit, is what I posted up on my thread. The only issue i got really mad, is because with all the emails I send, the only response I get from you is call GCT, No ill check it out for you or anything in that nature. But anyway's I have no beef with you or GCT, I just want my turbo kit in my car without any farther issues. thanks

Yea bro tell me about it, this is really stressfull, i really hope everything comes out well
    So many people are so quick to jump on the vendor bashing bandwagon. I just wanted to share our side of the story on what happened. I never really thought you would have gotten mad since I assumed you were on board with all the problems I was going through and I told you straight up that you have to contact GCT. I even made a special call with Jimmie and to give him your phone number to give you a call right away to sort all of this stuff out. I thought you would definitely understand what was going on. I already knew the answer the end result from dealing with other customers that had this issue with their kits, so what was I supposed to "check on"?. We spent over a year providing extremely fast response updates with your kit every time you sent an email, AIM or placed a phone call.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

price so far for install and tune is 3,200 :shock:

they had to fab the auxulator, faba midpipe, buy couple fiting for the oil return, buy 3 new coupleings 25 a pop, the manifol resurface, extra gaskets, buy lines for the aeromotive (i fergot to buy those), wow this project is gettin VERY costly for me now, i think i threw about 8K in this which is sad right? haha i coulda done th evo swap with all that money..lets just hope the price stays were it is, and it may drop if the tune ends up takeing less time..but they also instead taping hte oil pan, hes welding ona nipple or whateva, so that should benefit me in the long run
    13 GTR

but they also instead taping hte oil pan, hes welding ona nipple or whateva, so that should benefit me in the long run
    I might be crazy but tapping the oil pan is quick and cheap.. by the time the person does the welding they spend more time doign all of that.. if they charge by the hour then theres a way they can up the $$$

Experienced TGC Member
    It might actually take less time. Both methods require the oil pan to be tapped, only welding it on will take less time than waiting for the JB welding to dry.

Is the 4G64 oil pan made out of aluminum? If it is, then the nipple has to be aluminum as well...I'm sure he knows this, but just in case. Trying to weld aluminum and a ferrous metal produces disaterous results.

yes the do charge by the hour, he told me he can do the tapp, but he prefers this way..thier shop really knows what thier doing so im trusting his advice and doing that method, but so far everythings going well..should go tommow to snap few shots of the car and hopefully get the price down few $$$$ haha..1 good things is i never have to worry about any type of leak, since thier work covers all that or anytype of wireing issue i face
    13 GTR

Tearstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Is the 4G64 oil pan made out of aluminum? If it is, then the nipple has to be aluminum as well...I'm sure he knows this, but just in case. Trying to weld aluminum and a ferrous metal produces disaterous results.
    The 4G64 pan is stamped steel. The 6G72 pan is both aluminum and the lower is stamped steel.

everything is done, they just fabed up the auxulator and everythings good to go...tomm their doing the emange and the install part is done!!!....dyno either weds or thursday gona take the video camera thier for that...question i want to hook up a zex kit for purgeing, do you think it pergeing it on the intercooler is a good idea?
    13 GTR

Sure you could do that. But to me why take the risk? Running boost is already a full time job to keep it up to top notch condition my personal opinion on that is if you want more power build the internals and up the boost. But that is just my .02

yea internals will be done next winter, since i wanna boost more then 8lbs.. i was just gona get the kit now since one my of buddys bought it for his maxima but ended up not doing it.
    13 GTR

alot of money

So you have been working on this for the past year or so? Thats a hole lot of money to install your kit. Being that you have the 4cylinder why didnt you install it yourself?

well the kit had a huge delay which is why it took almost a year, i just droped it off 2 weeks ago, but yea i do have a 4cyl. Yes i am paying a lot for the work, but i know for fact I wouldn't be able to fabricate the auxulator and the other parts which they did. plus i figure spend 3K to get it done right, or do the work my self and have the possibility to mess something up really bad or run into wiring issues and fry shit. so for me it was cheaper to get it done. also i dont have to ever worry about install issues since its all warrented for life, so no trouble shooting for leaks or anything. plus i only have the weekends to work it since school and work.
    13 GTR

Went to go check out the car today, since i was itchin to see it..its pretty much done, just fineshing up the emange and dyno tune is this saturday, ima take my video cam to get it on flim..but their work im very pleased with, the mid-pipe he fabbed was great deff worth the money, and yea the money issue my billz close to 3,800 with tune. yea its steep, but i had to many MANY parts which didnt fit the kit which it came with,coupleings/ fittings, also had to resurace the manifold 90$ bucks. they gave me a invoice everything looks right, since the guy knows this went out my budject hes gona knock it down to 3,500 which is fine. i wish i knew this in advance of how much this kit whould acually cost me cuz instead this, i couldt did the Evo swap..tally so far close to 8,500K , yea it sucks but i rather get it done right or not at all..1 other things the JDM bumper did not fit, i will have to notch out a little behide it for the pipeing which isnt clearing, but good news is the fogs fit!!! lets all prey for me nothing blows up (turbo seal) ahem ahem!!!

PS: anybody wanna buy some GCT couplings??
    13 GTR

Nice NIce!!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I like how that intercooler mounts looks like it would be fairly easy to align straight and not spend 17 hours drilling throught the crash bar.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Those look like big worm clamps? Tisk tisk ... tbolt clamps FTW!
    7g for life!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast