The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TearStone-8g I-4 Turbo Info 4/3 update pics/ vid/ #'s

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Showing results 261 to 280 of 310
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Descnet, needs the RPM band at the bottum and AFR graph. Looks like it needs more tunning and more boost once you get the base down! Underrated was running 15psi on a stock motor! Come on man, I bet by 10psi your up to 200whp and 225+wftlbs!
    7g for life!

update, they turned on the anti stall feature car does not stall anymore, 1 issue not a big issue though, but it seems the car is idling a little rich at points "10s", because the ecu is fighting with the emange, we still have all the 02 sensors hooked up and the factory ecu is trying to adjust to it by its self, and not trying to follow the commands from the emange, But it does sometimes but then it doesn't, so its like a constant struggle. he told me hell explain it to me when I go in today at 6-7 about this more. but looks like ill be picking her up today. Roman I didn't get the flash yet because of i have the 00, and honestly i was waiting till you or some one with a galant used it locally which knew more about it then I did. I will defiantly look into that now though.

yea it does need more work, i didnt know it was set to 6lbs but i will install the boost contron withing 1-2 months my months are drained right now. so this whole month its work work work, then trust me ill get that 200whp mark
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

updated new scan chart
    13 GTR

stalling

Are you sure that ur exhaust is properly sealed?? i installed mine tight and ran the car and it ran like crap just idleing.. It turned out the mani nuts came loose again so i tightened them while it was still hot and it ran like a champ.. maybe something is not not completely sealed on the exhaust side as welll as the vacuum... good numbers -- i am running 10psi so ur numbers give me hope of passing 200 as i havent dynoed yet..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

just came back, cars still stallin on me when i stop or make a slow turn much less then yesterday though, we played with the emange numbers yet nothing. my installer is gona post my charts tomm here, so mabe some1 can help us. manifold is on tight with 2 gaskets so i doubt thats it, i kno its emange realted for some reason my cars keeps thinking its idleing in 1500, but the other chart shows 700 range idle. but thier gona play with it more tomm. sorry i cant excally say whats wrong cuz all thats graphs n numbers were overwhelling so he can better say whats the issue..
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Glad to see that this is finally coming into action. Hope they can sort out what the problem is with the Emanage.

emanage

whats ur injector correction if u dont mind?? Also are u vented?? also are u running rich when u stall or very lean? sorry im just curious
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Hey everyone. I'm the tuner for Ujash's galant. I've made adjustment to the airflow/add'l inj/anti-stall to no end. What happens everytime is it works for a few moments, than suddenly it's all messed up again. The only experience I have close to this is 04.5+ nissan VQ engines running emanage with larger injectors. In this example, the nissan ecu always wins the closed loop battle.

If anyone has a good ideas regarding the anti-stall, please chime in. I'm gonna get on the phone with GReddy for now. I tried to contact Jimmy (turbo kit guy), and left a message.

BTW, I tweaked the fuel/ign maps on road test and the power is much smoother and responsive. We had a serious issue with boost onset and knock on the dyno. I had to pull out more timing at lower rpms than I like to, but the engine responds nice even with the lower timing. He def needs more boost, but for what it's worth, the 6psi is making around 170 WHP and about 200 wTQ. With 10 psi, it should go over 200 whp.

Thanks!

Oh yea...

The inj corr is like .611 and the BOV is recirculated. FP is set to 44 at atmoshpere.
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    This is why I'll never go turbo... dont understand a word thats being said...

Stock turbo car FTW tho

Experienced TGC Member
    What are the fuel trims at?

This post has a quite a bit of information on how to battle the ECU: Link

If you can't seem to get the trims to scale down properly, you might want to consider the ECUFlash. Its a $90 cable (free software), and you won't have to worry about any of these problems...though it only works on certain model years. Direct injector correction, direct timing control, AND fuel trim control (long/short), ect ect.

BTW, dumb question, but did you remember to remove the end caps from the front mount?

edit: A simple way to check for a very large vacuum leak, is to disconnect the MAF sensor. If the car idles 100% perfect after you disconnect it, then you know its probably a vacuum leak.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    Hey everyone. I'm the tuner for Ujash's galant. I've made adjustment to the airflow/add'l inj/anti-stall to no end. What happens everytime is it works for a few moments, than suddenly it's all messed up again. The only experience I have close to this is 04.5+ nissan VQ engines running emanage with larger injectors. In this example, the nissan ecu always wins the closed loop battle.

If anyone has a good ideas regarding the anti-stall, please chime in. I'm gonna get on the phone with GReddy for now. I tried to contact Jimmy (turbo kit guy), and left a message.

BTW, I tweaked the fuel/ign maps on road test and the power is much smoother and responsive. We had a serious issue with boost onset and knock on the dyno. I had to pull out more timing at lower rpms than I like to, but the engine responds nice even with the lower timing. He def needs more boost, but for what it's worth, the 6psi is making around 170 WHP and about 200 wTQ. With 10 psi, it should go over 200 whp.

Thanks!

Oh yea...

The inj corr is like .611 and the BOV is recirculated. FP is set to 44 at atmoshpere.

Experienced TGC Member
    ALSO! Clean setup dude. Looks great. Good numbers for 6 psi...lol I noticed you have to same problem with the stock bumper. It seems after you cut it up too much, it begins to ballon out at the bottom.

Dude he has a 2000 fed spec ecu that you can't flash yet, so emanage is the only way. However you could have just swapped out to the 2001 ecu and that you can flash.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    Dude he has a 2000 fed spec ecu that you can't flash yet, so emanage is the only way. However you could have just swapped out to the 2001 ecu and that you can flash.
    Gotcha. Though I wouldn't suggest a swap just yet. The h8/500 support is right over the hill (all Mitsus from 96+, except for 98 Galants).

sup

can u post ur emanage maps by any chance?? how small are the injectors for .6?? also the antistall --- what worked for me was to log my decel off of normal driving... i also logged idle for the hz of airflow.. U wont go below ur idle hz and u follow ur logs on the decel for the points on the antistall map.. so if ur slowing down and from 1500 down its like 100 90 80 70 60 bla bla u try to catch the point just above 1000 or so and clamp there as ur first value if its very bad... so its the first cell as 1000 with value at 40 hz or whatever u record and u up the rpms and the values till it clamps nice and smooth... Mine began with 1100 and about 40hz and it would work well when i vented.. post some maps and ill atleast compare with mine even though my injectors are larger,.. im assuming u have 375s or close to that from ur correction???

I'll screen capture the maps later. The injectors are 450cc (the .611 conversion is straight from the emanage). I played with other conversion factors, but the Greddy calculation seemed to work the best. I was on the phone with Greddy this afternoon. All my settings are correct. I logged them how your suppose to. It's a pretty simple process. You can log at idle or coming down to idle and input those Hz numbers. When I set the TP to 0, the clamp does not work at all. I have tried TP @ 1 or 2, and that seems to work, but only momentarily. Regardless of the clamp Hz, the ecu struggles to trim in one direction or another. If I try to max out the ecu trim, it just gives up momentarily and goes dead rich or lean (depending on the inputed value)...and of course stalls. The ecu likes to idle this car lean (apprx 15.5-16.5 on the AEM WB).

I have another idea. I'll post up later.

Thanks for the help.
    13 GTR

settings

how far down are u going..?? anywhere past 1000 wont really make a difference as thats ur ecu controlling idle.. above 1000 is where it works much better.. so 1700 down to 1000 or 1100 and try values in there... start high like 60 across the board and u will see it clamp and stay high in idle for a second then drop which is close.. then i adjusted untill it went smooth and perfect... also i am running .51 or .54 when i did the injector correction and my car runs rich but idle is rock solid and no driveability issues other than an occasionally decel issue but not bothersome.. i have the 450cc dsm injectors i believe i put 235 for start injector and 450 for injectors..

anywhere below 1000 though i believe the ecu will not clamp to anything for some reason.. also i went between 2 and 10 and i think 2 for the tp is where i found it... is the tps calibrated ?? just a thought the wrong wiring was floating around for my install and the tps registered fine but wouldnt calibrate with the car off and the key on.. i had to find the right wire.. hope that helps..

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    This is why I'll never go turbo... dont understand a word thats being said...

Stock turbo car FTW tho
    lol x2 man.. madd confusing

ujash..u got a long way to go but good stuff man sounds nice
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Re: settings

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    how far down are u going..?? anywhere past 1000 wont really make a difference as thats ur ecu controlling idle.. above 1000 is where it works much better.. so 1700 down to 1000 or 1100 and try values in there... start high like 60 across the board and u will see it clamp and stay high in idle for a second then drop which is close.. then i adjusted untill it went smooth and perfect... also i am running .51 or .54 when i did the injector correction and my car runs rich but idle is rock solid and no driveability issues other than an occasionally decel issue but not bothersome.. i have the 450cc dsm injectors i believe i put 235 for start injector and 450 for injectors..

anywhere below 1000 though i believe the ecu will not clamp to anything for some reason.. also i went between 2 and 10 and i think 2 for the tp is where i found it... is the tps calibrated ?? just a thought the wrong wiring was floating around for my install and the tps registered fine but wouldnt calibrate with the car off and the key on.. i had to find the right wire.. hope that helps..
    Whoa, I was told that the stock injectors were 275's. If they're only 235cc, then that would explain a few other issues I had while tuning (I wonder if the current inj conversion has something to do with it). It's a 2000 Galant. Are the injectors 235cc or 275cc? I'm gonna be a little pissy if they're really 235's :evil:.

The TPS was calibrated and confirmed properly. I traced the wires myself because I didn't completely trust the provided diagrams.

I haven't had a chance to get back to the Galant yet and I really appreciate everyone's help. So far I've already tried everything suggested.

BTW, on the real time data window the clamp works on all of the rpm values...at least on this car.

Thanks!
    13 GTR

Injectors

Unless 2000 is different they are not 275s??? The correction is too small for 275 and 450s.. I believe they are 220 or 230s... If i look at ecu flash it is 232 cc for injector scaling.. I have a 2002 galant 4 cyl.. ?? From his pic he has a 4 cyl also?? I think the v6 is 275ccs but not the 4 cyl... are u pegging rich like crazy because with that small of a correction u are probably puffin smoke and running rich stall..

injector size on the fed spec 2000 model eclipse is 275cc/min
    and i believe for all the cali spec 2001 and + models it's 240cc/min. look at the injectors themself. they have numbers on them. the injector resistance i measured on the 240cc/min injectors was 15ohms.
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthre...ht=235cc+275cc
    13 GTR

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast