The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TearStone-8g I-4 Turbo Info 4/3 update pics/ vid/ #'s

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 310
    datdude305
    would that tutorial work on 8 G cuz it say 7 G and i dont wanna get all happy

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(datdude305)</div><div class='quotemain'>would that tutorial work on 8 G cuz it say 7 G and i dont wanna get all happy</div>

its the same thing, just don't rely on the pictures for placement
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will this be okay he ratio is what u stated..
    http://216.242.145.16/products/product.phtml?p=10

do you think its worth getting the emange and ditching the FMU..Agian im not gona be doing anything major i just wanna install it and drive..i figure the only reason i get emange is for tuneing..im gona run under 10PSi this is my daily driver,so i dont wanna buy things which i will not use..so if the FMU will do the job im fine wit that and ditch the emange it save me few bucks but if i need it ill get it..</div>
    yeah thats what you would want. there is also a model that bolts right to the fuel rail.
    electronic tuning is much more precise. once you get it on the dyno, with the emanage you will get a great tune w/ this setup. oncxe you get that tune for your desired psi, you won't really ever have to touch it again.
    yes the fmu would get the job doen for a very basic system. but even tearstone will tell you its not as precise. thats why in their better kits they provide the afpr and emanage cause its a much better way to tune.
    but tis totally up to you. i offer my suggestions so that you know exactly whats out there so you can make the best descisions for yourself.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, the "recommended" gauges for the Tearstone kits are boost, EGT, and fuel pressure, according to the actual builder of the kit.</div>

That is for the budget kits that primarily run on fuel pressure. For the electronically tuned cars, the 3rd gauge could be left open for a nice A/F gauge or Oil Pressure gauge.

-update-BOUGHT Guages
    GREDDY
    60mm Mechanical Boost Gauge
    60mm Electronic Fuel Pressure Gauge w/ Peak Hold and Warning
    60mm Electronic EGT Gauge w/ Peak hold and Warning
    $457shipped useing mechanical boost
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

-Update-12/20

Bought the AEM ugeo $220 baby hahah
    And russ less me remove the fuel package so no more FMU THANKS ALOT RUSS..

FUEL options now are..
    440cc Bosch Fuel Injectors
    AFPR+guage
    Greddy Emange

17 days till i get the kit
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Why not just run an AFPR and an older SAFCI? Can pick one up for around $100 now. Only thing the eManage will do is control timing as well correct? If you want to spend the least amaount and arent going to run high boost, an SAFC would probably be easiest. If you have a few extra hundred to spend, grab the eManage.
    7g for life!

here a pic,i got worried when i looked at the boost guage cuz it was in messurements of .5 and i was like wtf how will i kno im at 7lbs...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Iced...alant/turbo.jpg
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    here a pic,i got worried when i looked at the boost guage cuz it was in messurements of .5 and i was like wtf how will i kno im at 7lbs...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...lant/turbo.jpg
    That gauge is metric, reading in kPa (kilopascal)
    http://www.santos.com/ConversionCalculator.aspx?p=73
    7 PSI = 48.26 kPa

To find that on your gauge:
    48.26 x 100 = 0.48
    So that would be just below the 0.5 mark.

Yah just measured in bar. 1bar = 14.7ish psi.
    7g for life!

AWSOME THANKSSSS ALOT....you guys been a big help to me so far and i like to thank you agian
    PS:im getting the Emange with both harness for.....$330SHIPPED
    13 GTR

wow...its almost time, kit gets shipped out on the 6th 3-4 days for delivery got everything ordered EXCEPT

Aeromotive AFPR...
    Gauge for the aeromotive
    01+ midpipe..Goign junk yard tommow,hopefully i find 1
    Emange blue with harness...Guy gets this in soon so this if Fine

i need help guys,

i ordered the injectors from russ the same ones stated above with all the hardware which they come with....Im lost on the AFPR, im getting the model
    "AER 13109" is that the right one, i believe so since its for DSM's,will this bolt on to the fuel rail directly or will i need to get a new fuel rail??? is so i can get the following really cheep AEM 25-130C PRICE 125shipped it retails 186.98, if i need a fuel rail...and the gauge which mounts on the afpr i cant find it anywhere, is it a particular size for which im looking for?? or can anybody post a site where i can get it..?? that's about all im still confused about, i must say i learn ALOT threw this project haha..

So my fuel system is as follow, let me know if IM missing or I got it dead on.

Greedy emage,
    Aeromotice AFPR + guage
    Fuel Injector Clips
    Fuel Injector Spacers
    Fuel Rail Hardware

*any let me kno if i need a new fuel rail or if its worth gettin that AEM over my factory since its on sale?

side note:1000 Post
    13 GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...its almost time, kit gets shipped out on the 6th Â*3-4 days for delivery got everything ordered EXCEPT Â*

Aeromotive AFPR...
    Gauge for the aeromotive
    01+ midpipe..Goign junk yard tommow,hopefully i find 1
    Emange blue with harness...Guy gets this in soon so this if Fine

i need help guys,

i ordered the injectors from russ the same ones stated above with all the hardware which they come with....Im lost on the AFPR, im getting the model
    "AER 13109" is that the right one, i believe so since its for DSM's,will this bolt on to the fuel rail directly or will i need to get a new fuel rail??? is so i can get the following really cheep AEM 25-130C Â*PRICE 125shipped it retails 186.98, if i need a fuel rail...and the gauge which mounts on the afpr i cant find it anywhere, is it a particular size for which im looking for?? or can anybody post a site where i can get it..?? that's about all im still confused about, i must say i learn ALOT threw this project haha..

So my fuel system is as follow, let me know if IM missing or I got it dead on.

Greedy emage,
    Aeromotice AFPR + guage
    Fuel Injector Clips
    Fuel Injector Spacers
    Fuel Rail Hardware

*any let me kno if i need a new fuel rail or if its worth gettin that AEM over my factory since its on sale?

side note:1000 Post Â*:)</div>
    here's a whole kit
    http://www.importevolution.com/product_inf...roducts_id=1620

or you could go with a bolt on
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-Fuel-Pr...1QQcmdZViewItem
    ^the bolt on still has the parameters for a gauge. probably the easiest to work with.
    if it fits on evo fuel rails i would think it would be fine for the 4g64 as well. might want to ask someone like stewi on that.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

great so i got the aeromtoive on lock now, just gota find out if it bolts on factory hardware or if i need new rails,
    13 GTR

This is a bit pricey ($134 shipped), but it might make life a whole lot easier:
    http://www.boomslang.us/extension.htm

Its basically an ECU harness extension that you can wire stuff like the eManage into - doing all that work on the car is a pain in the ass, especially since the wires down there are pretty short and you have to contort to get at the wires. Plus you save your factory harness from getting hacked up.

Might be interesting to see if I can make my own version...

That harness extender is a very good idea. Makes things much easier. could actually install the emanage harness outside of the car hten just connect it. Wish I had that crap for my car!
    7g for life!

im gettin it installed perfesionaly do u realy think its needed?? but its a good idea i wish it was like 60-80 bucks
    13 GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>im gettin it installed perfesionaly do u realy think its needed?? but its a good idea i wish it was like 60-80 bucks</div>

If you are getting it installed professionally then I wouldn't get the boomslang harness. If you were doing the emanage install yourself, on the other hand, then I feel it would be worth the money. I just wish they had it for the V6, as my back was killing me trying to contort under the dash to reach the wires.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    If you are getting it installed professionally then I wouldn't get the boomslang harness. If you were doing the emanage install yourself, on the other hand, then I feel it would be worth the money. I just wish they had it for the V6, as my back was killing me trying to contort under the dash to reach the wires.</div>
    tell me about it. thats how i felt when i had to rewire my entire 72 pin ecu harness for my 1g ecu. :cry:
    after that, tapping for an safc2 was a walk in the park

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

tron who is a club3g member runing the same kit i got is useing an FMU and he stated

'You won't need to tune the car. The kit comes with an MAS/MAF, whatever it is, modification kit. As the kit comes, there is no need for an FPR, emanage, or larger injectors. The injectors that come in the kit are big enough for the application they are intended for.

I have NO PROBLEMS with the FMU.'

so its got me confused,even russ told me he likes the afpr n emange over the FMU, but do you guys think the FMU will be okay for 8 psi?? if i ever boost up i can upgrade to the emange and afpr? but then i would have to buy an in cabin fuel preesure guage..daym i hate when i think i got a hold of everything and i get new info

But when i go to tearstone.com and see thier new setup and priceing, i see they ditch the FMU and pick up an emange..SOOO im stickin wit the afpr and emange...shyt dont gota tell me twice,wow it was good venting my porblem
    13 GTR

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast