The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TearStone-8g I-4 Turbo Info 4/3 update pics/ vid/ #'s

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 310
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahh great...ill pick up tommow..

only thing left to arvive now is the kit itself and the ss lines,new fuel rail...should be here anyday though</div>
    when that regulator and all gets there you can go ahead and install it.
    that way you knock one thing out in an afternoon, and you can keep driving until you are ready to do the rest of the labor.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i got the regular today with the guage...i didnt except it to be so tiny it fits like in my palm online it looks so big.. :shock:
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

FYI: the 1st guy with the basic turbo ""tron" got his dyno numbers he got..

230whp @7.5 psi
    no cats. 2.5 d/p and midpipe, then 3 inch mid pipe back. 3inch magnaflow muffler/tip

i guess not bad right??

got everything in...just waiting for the turbo..
    13 GTR

1/17/05 update

Gettin 3" pipeing and new muffler and highflow cat within 2 weeks,it should benefit the turbo from what i read..

Problem
    I guess they kit has never been made..Dont know when i will get it they dont know themselfs..so im kinda pissed :evil:

Good News..I get my Chorme powdercoated ValveCover saturday :twisted:
    13 GTR

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>1/17/05 update

Gettin 3" pipeing and new muffler and highflow cat within 2 weeks,it should benefit the turbo from what i read..

Problem
    I guess they kit has never been made..Dont know when i will get it they dont know themselfs..so im kinda pissed Â*:evil: Â*

Good News..I get my Chorme powdercoated ValveCover saturday Â*:twisted:</div>

Woah woah, the kit is made it's just not consolidated together at as kit and it has not passed final inspection. LOL

ohh. im sorry russ.
    you said this in the email,,so i thought it ment i wasnt made...my bad im not angrey at ur company,just that i dont have it.i know u guys are doing ur best..

"I had a long talk with the shop tonight and they simply do not have the kit to ship out right now.
    13 GTR

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>ohh. im sorry russ.
    you said this in the email,,so i thought it ment i wasnt made...my bad im not angrey at ur company,just that i dont have it.i know u guys are doing ur best..

"I had a long talk with the shop tonight and they simply do not have the kit to ship out right now.</div>

My apologies, I did not mean for it to be read so literally. I will assure you that kits have been getting shipped out this week and the shop is running slightly behind I'm actually going over to the shop tonight to see what's going on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'>My apologies, I did not mean for it to be read so literally. I will assure you that kits have been getting shipped out this week and the shop is running slightly behind I'm actually going over to the shop tonight to see what's going on.</div>

Please gives an update, Iam ready to buy a kit but wanna make sure that Im not gonna be waiting months for a kit.

Ight on the AFPR, the Middle is Guage,The Right is Block off plate, the Left is Line labled "B"? The botton is fuel return line labed "D"? and the bottom in afpr is vaccum line.So i think i Just need a Vaccum line..

Paid $120 for the lines,filter and Fuel rail..Thanks agian Wandering for point that out for me

13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Use the bottum to go to the stock return. You can use either left or right to go to the fuel rail. Just use one and block off the other. And yes the front is for the gauge if you want to use one.
    7g for life!

Daym...Todays marks the 1 month Late delay of the kit.. :evil:

sucks my bday in is 6 days which i had it before then...
    13 GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Daym...Todays marks the 1 month Late delay of the kit.. :evil: Â* Â*

sucks my bday in is 6 days which i had it before then...</div>

yeah i thought you'd be in the club by now.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Daym...Todays marks the 1 month Late delay of the kit.. :evil: Â* Â*

sucks my bday in is 6 days which i had it before then...</div>

Sorry Ujash, they are still running behind with a big silicone order and that's holding up the mix.

hey guys would i need an oil cooler??

Sidenote: good news they said they will ship my kit out this wedsday..Finally been almost 4 month delay....

PS: Tranny also gettin swaped out...Figure Go BIg or Go Home. So now time to trakin that shit down
    13 GTR

oil cooler is a must.
    i don't have time to get into it right now, but you'd be suprised at how hot your oil gets, even while not boosting. spool that turbo up for some spirited driving, and those temps soar.

4 months? sorry man i don't want to hate. but <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>four months and they really need to give you a discount</span>

just think of the interest you could have accrued in a 4 month certificate of deposit.
    seriously i hope they are giving you some compensation. Cause thats just silly.

Maybe they should supply you with the oil cooler kit...

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

okay great ill get an oil cooler..just like the tranny cooler i can get from pepboys...??

na no discount they said i got the kit before the price increase so i saved big...but that was the price they were sellin it at..i asked for a deal on the 199.99 midpipe but they said they coundt do anything..i just hope im not missin not 1 fitting or screw when this kit comes or ima be pissed.. :twisted:
    13 GTR

its obvious that you aren't one of their valued customers. otherwise you'd have the kit already. usually when a company screws up this bad, they do something to show that they want to keep your business for the future. although i don't know all the details of your particular sitation; knowing what i do know, i wouldn't be returning to them for any future purchases.

its a shame too cause i really thought these guys had it together. But i'm sure the wait will be worth it. Cause they know once you finally get your kit, you won't be so mad about how long it took. perhaps thats why they don't care that its taking so long, and are refusing to discount or compensate.

Not trying to vendor bash here, but when i had a problem with one of my orderes, slowboy overnighted the corrections. and gave me a massive discount on my next purchase, plus free 2nd day shipping. Thats how much they value their customers. even the little guys like me who make mediocre purchases here and there.
    And you bought a bread and butter turbo kit...
    seems like they could do something.
    even if its something little like sedning you a full set of stainless steel fasteners for your exhaust parts parts.
    or even a set of their new resevoir billet covers.

I like the guys at tearstone though so i won't say anymore. cuase this isn't my business anyways.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ya im not here to bash them..just letting people know it took me a while..I wish they gave me a brake on something for the long as wait..But i do reamber when it was like 2 months late they did tell me they will over night it for free thats what bobbli told me over the phone....so hopefully they overnite it...Ill call wedsday and see if they really did ship it out...So i wait till tommow

Ps. thanks for ur input bro, i really apperiate you speakin you mind in this whole mess..this is a 1st time i never got a product on the time given.
    13 GTR

Yeah, Tearsone himself has been very responsive - its the guys he get the turbo kit from, formerly AAI now Gulf Coast Turbo that is one of the bigger bottlenecks.

It a shame too, as it is a beautiful kit, but the fabricators really need to get their asses in order.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Even if it's tearstone's supplier, tearstone needs to make it up to IcedoutGalant and the supplier needs to make it up to Tearstone.
    -Pedro

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast