The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TearStone-8g I-4 Turbo Info 4/3 update pics/ vid/ #'s

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 310
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    its obvious that you aren't one of their valued customers. otherwise you'd have the kit already. usually when a company screws up this bad, they do something to show that they want to keep your business for the future. although i don't know all the details of your particular sitation; knowing what i do know, i wouldn't be returning to them for any future purchases.

its a shame too cause i really thought these guys had it together. But i'm sure the wait will be worth it. Cause they know once you finally get your kit, you won't be so mad about how long it took. perhaps thats why they don't care that its taking so long, and are refusing to discount or compensate.

Not trying to vendor bash here, but when i had a problem with one of my orderes, slowboy overnighted the corrections. and gave me a massive discount on my next purchase, plus free 2nd day shipping. Thats how much they value their customers. even the little guys like me who make mediocre purchases here and there.
    And you bought a bread and butter turbo kit...
    seems like they could do something.
    even if its something little like sedning you a full set of stainless steel fasteners for your exhaust parts parts.
    or even a set of their new resevoir billet covers.

I like the guys at tearstone though so i won't say anymore. cuase this isn't my business anyways.
    I'll have to agree with you on this. The amount of money that they ask for their kits, customer service should be top notch. Especially owing to the fact that this is already paid for. Makes one rethink using their services.

guess what guys....NOTHING..hasnt been shipped..aperannly their waitin for fuckin injectors..its funny how they told they had everything and were waitin on a big silicone order..but now its injectors..now im really disapointed that i even bought this shit..anybody want this fuckin kit? 3,100K even its yours...they charge 3,500 on the site..but i asked the dude for esitamte dosnt kno him self says call back friday..im done wit this bullshit i wanted 4 fwk months im so frusterated... :evil:
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Damn that sucks...I was actually planning on looking into them for a kit eventually. I must say you have been very patient and paid your money a while ago. Sorry to hear it. :?
    shogun8g: I feel gay

ipaintu
    hmmm I was looking to contact them, Now im glad i didnt.. I will go to tampa to do mine.....

Sorry Tearstone One bad apple does spoil the pie....

4 months waiting on a kit is just plane out bullshit..
    Improper handling can screw up alot....
    Good Luck Ujash for sure...

BAD BAD for tearstone.

Update: guess tearstone seen this and is tryin to fix it now...

he told me hell ship the whole kit out tommow , except the electrical portion of the injectors, and themselfs...So ill update it more tonight when he tells me more
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

As much as I want to support Russ/Tearstone, I have to say that I feel for you man. My wait was over 9 months for my kit, and I am *still* waiting a year now for my 3" catback. (Shit - I got a custom 2.5" made in an afternoon :? ) I know that Donny really needs to get his shit together as all it does it just frustrates his customers.

The term "its worth the wait" can grow pretty thin when you keep getting promises that get nullified by some other excuse. I've sent an e-mail to Russ about our situation and hopefully he can respond and take some kind of action.

I mean yes, its a beautiful kit and all, but what good is it if its not in your hands.

Tearstone
    I actually saw your For Sale post. I like you as a customer have been given false deadlines and promises from Donny's shop.

But I'm going to do what it takes to make it right for you.

As far as Len's situation with the cat back is just plain unacceptable as well. I don't know why they can't just weld the hangers and jig that exhaust so it can be sent out.

You know I am still confused here. Are these orders coming straight thru Tearstone or is this another shop that has all these problems with parts? Tearstone do you have these kits in stock or are these made to order? Are the 3G Eclipse owners having the same problems with getting there orders or is this just a Galant problem?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Tearstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    You know I am still confused here. Are these orders coming straight thru Tearstone or is this another shop that has all these problems with parts? Tearstone do you have these kits in stock or are these made to order? Are the 3G Eclipse owners having the same problems with getting there orders or is this just a Galant problem?
    Tearstone Performance (my company) is the sole distributor for Gulf Coast Turbos (Formely AAI or "Donny's Shop"). These kits at this time are currently made to order and the shop simply cannot produce them fast enough to where they will be in stock which we had hoped for once Jimmie bought Donny's shop and changed the name. The kits were dubbed "Tearstone Turbos" since Donny did was not working under a business and he was struggling doing both, so I took over the business side of things for him while he did what he did best. This is a general problem with products coming from this particular company and they cannot seem to get on track with all the problems they keep having from Turbonetics, the silicone distributors and now the injector distributors that sent them the wrong parts!

Also, rest assured that any future customers are not being blind sided as I have now learned how long this process could potentially take if their are problems with other companies that Gulf Coast Turbo depends on that are not doing their part to supply the products they need. Of course everyone shares a bit of the blame and I knew things were going to be rocky going into this, and things are getting shipped out slowly but not up to par where I feel they should be by any means I feel that I'm at fault for overwhelming them with too many turbo kit orders so they are so far behind now that I can't give anyone a solid date as to when their kits will be ready to go out.

Tearstone
    Just an update, I gave them a call to let them know I was coming over and they said they would not be there when I got there

He said I should be able to come over tomorrow!

Proto
    you need to find another supplier or this guy hire more people, people waiting 5+ months for a turbo kit is a joke.

Tearstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    you need to find another supplier or this guy hire more people, people waiting 5+ months for a turbo kit is a joke.
    You are preaching to the choir. But unfortunately, there are no other suppliers unless I start pushing RPW's turbo kits or find someone that can weld piping for me in quantities with a jig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearstone
    Tearstone Performance (my company) is the sole distributor for Gulf Coast Turbos (Formely AAI or "Donny's Shop"). These kits at this time are currently made to order and the shop simply cannot produce them fast enough to where they will be in stock which we had hoped for once Jimmie bought Donny's shop and changed the name. The kits were dubbed "Tearstone Turbos" since Donny did was not working under a business and he was struggling doing both, so I took over the business side of things for him while he did what he did best. This is a general problem with products coming from this particular company and they cannot seem to get on track with all the problems they keep having from Turbonetics, the silicone distributors and now the injector distributors that sent them the wrong parts!

Also, rest assured that any future customers are not being blind sided as I have now learned how long this process could potentially take if their are problems with other companies that Gulf Coast Turbo depends on that are not doing their part to supply the products they need. Of course everyone shares a bit of the blame and I knew things were going to be rocky going into this, and things are getting shipped out slowly but not up to par where I feel they should be by any means I feel that I'm at fault for overwhelming them with too many turbo kit orders so they are so far behind now that I can't give anyone a solid date as to when their kits will be ready to go out.
    Gotcha... so your the reseller of these kits while Donny's shop is the manufacter. You guys just call it Tearstone because that is the brand name everyone recognizes. Not trying to tell you how to run your business but IMO people are not doubting the quality of these kits but the shipping time comes as a suprise to everyone. I looked thru the site real quick and you don't give a estimate on time for shipping. Maybe something that states that these kits are made to order at this time and can take anywhere from a month to four to complete before shipped. That way when you have some ordering they know what to expect instead of thinking that the kit will ship out next week. I deal with manufacters all day so I know how they can be and how things can go wrong real quick.

You are preaching to the choir. But unfortunately, there are no other suppliers unless I start pushing RPW's turbo kits or find someone that can weld piping for me in quantities with a jig.
    Tell us a little more about the RPW kit. I wasn't aware they had one...

Proto
    Tell us a little more about the RPW kit. I wasn't aware they had one...
    V6 http://www.rpw.com.au/Performance%20Upgrad...24v%20turbo.htm

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I feel that I'm at fault for overwhelming them with too many turbo kit orders so they are so far behind now that I can't give anyone a solid date as to when their kits will be ready to go out.
    If they are a business then they should have let you know that there was a limit on the amount of kits that you can put into order to them.

TGC Regular
    So I should get the reading.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Gotcha... so your the reseller of these kits while Donny's shop is the manufacter. Â*You guys just call it Tearstone because that is the brand name everyone recognizes. Â*Not trying to tell you how to run your business but IMO people are not doubting the quality of these kits but the shipping time comes as a suprise to everyone. Â*I looked thru the site real quick and you don't give a estimate on time for shipping. Â*Maybe something that states that these kits are made to order at this time and can take anywhere from a month to four to complete before shipped. Â*That way when you have some ordering they know what to expect instead of thinking that the kit will ship out next week. Â*I deal with manufacters all day so I know how they can be and how things can go wrong real quick.</div>

I have never called it a "Tearstone kit", the communities dubbed it that.

Shipping has been an issue as of late, and due to all the false promises that I have recevied from them time and time again... I simply removed the shipping timeframes from all the products that I sell for them. Every customer that actually orders a turbo kit is a phone order and we tell them up front it could potentially take up to 6 months for the kit to ship because they cannot keep up with the demand. Right now, I'm simply focused on getting existing customers their kits and that's all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Gotcha... so your the reseller of these kits while Donny's shop is the manufacter. Â*You guys just call it Tearstone because that is the brand name everyone recognizes. Â*Not trying to tell you how to run your business but IMO people are not doubting the quality of these kits but the shipping time comes as a suprise to everyone. Â*I looked thru the site real quick and you don't give a estimate on time for shipping. Â*Maybe something that states that these kits are made to order at this time and can take anywhere from a month to four to complete before shipped. Â*That way when you have some ordering they know what to expect instead of thinking that the kit will ship out next week. Â*I deal with manufacters all day so I know how they can be and how things can go wrong real quick.</div>

I have never called it a "Tearstone kit", the communities dubbed it that.

Shipping has been an issue as of late, and due to all the false promises that I have recevied from them time and time again... I simply removed the shipping timeframes from all the products that I sell for them. Every customer that actually orders a turbo kit is a phone order and we tell them up front it could potentially take up to 6 months for the kit to ship because they cannot keep up with the demand. Right now, I'm simply focused on getting existing customers their kits and that's all.</div>

Sounds to me like you have the basis covered if they have to actually call in the order and you guys personally tell them that it can take up to 6 months for the kit. I assume that icedout was told that and he is rather upset at just all the miscommunication as to what parts are missing or unfinished. I would have your manufacter buy his parts in bulk instead of in short supply so he can turn up the volume on the production and not run out of the important parts. Tearstone is just getting stuck between a rock and a hard place with customers getting upset and you having to answer for the short comings of Donny's shop.

If I could, I would still purchase from your company. As long as your customers are actually getting there kits and where being told the truth about wait time I don't see the problem. It's not like you would have forced me to give you my credit card number and then after the purchase was made you spring a 6 month wait on me. If customers where not getting there kits and quality sucked then there would probably be a problem.

Keep up the hard work Russ and don't give up on us. The "Galant Community" can be rough. As long as we see you trying and fix the problems with your manufacter I see you having a reptuable shop....

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Keep up the hard work Russ and don't give up on us. Â*The "Galant Community" can be rough. Â*As long as we see you trying and fix the problems with your manufacter I see you having a reptuable shop....</div>

Thank you very much for the sentiments, I do my best

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast