The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion DONE! **UPDATED 02/03/06**

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 385
    alright awesome thats what i wasnt sure about..so a new ecu isnt necessary then? i dont know why but i felt like i read that somewhere.. but thanks for the help, im starting tomorrow i cant wait.

rocky 8g
    ok a lil stuck here how do i get this pilot bearing out

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    you can either chisel, prybar, or screw driver it. Or go to autozone and rent the tool for it.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

rocky 8g
    ill try that iam doing it now thx

rocky 8g
    wow yo this ish really works i got pilot bearing out in less than 5mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xuR7T8G1Ys

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Just a note: If you get an OEM replacement shift boot for the 91-99 3000gt, the base isn't wide enough for the trim ring in the 8G. I'll get pics of it when I can

^Damn and I was gonna get one. There was a thread where its said they would fit. Also the 1g eclipse shift boot would fit but you need to remove the wire on the base.

rocky 8g
    Ok I got ever thing in but when I turn the key I get this click the high speed winding sound from starter as if its not hitting the flywheel I. Try useing 2 1/8 washers one on each bolt and it still dose the same thing ..... I check my pullys to see if they are spinig when I crank the car but their not spining...then I check flywheel to see where its at and its in the right place .......fyi iam using 2g flywheel and starter

rocky 8g
    is their a differents in flywheels for the 1997 fwd and awd cuz i belive they sent me a awd one cuz the teeth are not next to starter

yes it has to be a FWD.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

how did you guys mount the top of the clutch pedal assembly? theirs clearly a spot but im just wondering how exactly did you attach it? Im assuming through bolts but im a bit nervous to go drilling into that piece.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yep bolts

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The pedal attaches to the mater cylinder.. The master cylinder has two bolts coming into the firewall where those pre cut out holes are.. Those bolts is where the clutch pedal will attach to.

is there something on putting the clutch on correctly and running all the lines, sorry i know nothing about trans if somebody could show me a diagram of it all it would help greatly. thanks

The diagram is on the first page look where its says research. It has pages of diagrams Goosey used for this swap.

yeah i know that but is that the only thing holding it in place? theirs mounting holes on the upper part of the pedal assembly apart from the master... or is that part unnecessary?

Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    The diagram is on the first page look where its says research. It has pages of diagrams Goosey used for this swap.
    haha thanks man i didnt realize that was a link. On installing the cltuch the link was dead

Quote Originally Posted by g-ride View Post
    yeah i know that but is that the only thing holding it in place? theirs mounting holes on the upper part of the pedal assembly apart from the master... or is that part unnecessary?
    you have two bolts on the firewall, and then 2 bolts up top underneather your dash pretty much.... but you will have to buy those 2, and the bolts that come with the master, are the same thread and pitch as the ones that go underneath the dash, 15mm long thats what i got.. fit perfect...

So whats the deal with re-wiring the speed sensor on the 2002 models? Cant seem to find anything and im about to go buy a 2002 GTZ...i found where u can just pull out the tranny solenoids and plug them in to stop that CEL but I dont see anything on the speed sensor? Also, do I need a transmission mount from the manual car and which mount is it? thanks!!
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I don't know about the speed sensor, but you need the driver side transmission/engine mount
    ie: the one that bolts to the top of the transmission

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast