The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion DONE! **UPDATED 02/03/06**

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 385
    Ah ok..I remembered on my 7G the lower one was different..Ill keep that in mind!
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    well actually, on the V6 you have to change the driver side passenger mount.. dunno about the I4. I thought it was the same, but this tutorial doesn't say anything about it

no no no..the one i am looking at is a V6...the driver passenger side mount? you mean the driver side mount? lol...2002 GTZ
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

oops yea total brain fart. You need the driver side mount. You also need the passenger side intermediate shaft

clutch pedal/master cylinder question...

so i went to mount it all up today but while i was in the process i realized that the rod coming out of the mc where the bracket connects to the pedal doesnt give the pedal much play from the floor...in fact only about 2-3 inches max...i was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem, i fucked with the thing for about an hour and couldnt really make much adjustment, the pedals still practically resting on the floor... Both parts are from 3g eclipses so i dont know what the problem is or if im doing something wrong, can it be adjusted?? The only thing i can think to do is extend the rod on the mc if not...if anybodys got any ideas about this please let me know
    Last edited by g-ride; 03-03-2010 at 03:19 PM

i saw the clutch pedal adjuster link on the first page but its broken...

http://img251.imageshack.us/i/dsc0522k.jpg/[/IMG]

http://img411.imageshack.us/i/dsc0521y.jpg/[/IMG]

ive got the pedals in reverse order but thats the clutch on the right

hopefully these are the right parts...

you need to fix your IMG code, but I'm pretty sure those are the right parts
    If the MC is from a 3G, you should have enough floor clearance. Are you sure you're extending the rod out all the way? Also are you sure that the pedal isn't just falling to the floor since there's no hydraulic pressure
    Last edited by beam514; 03-03-2010 at 06:36 PM

when i connect the pedal and the rod is at full extension its almost to the floor...im going to play with it some more today theirs a good chance im just doing something wrong if nobody else has run into this issue

got it...just needed to round out the firewall holes and get the pedal in the right seat, but thanks

where did u find the transmission? what kind is it?

3g eclipse dude...

Quote Originally Posted by g-ride View Post
    3g eclipse dude...
    Don't forget about the Dodge Stratus R/T for the V6 guys, and the 4G64-equipped Stratus SXT for the 4 cylinder owners.

Also, the Chrysler Sebring LXi in some instances was available with the F5M51 M/T.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    wait.. V6 can use the stratus?? what year?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea i beilieve its the 2g startus came with the mitsu 6g72

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Arro View Post
    wait.. V6 can use the stratus?? what year?
    V6 or 4 cylinder, doesn't matter. As long as the donor car has the correct transmission.

The Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe and Chrysler Sebring LXi Coupe both have the F5M51 Transmission used for the V6 5-speed swap.

The 4 cylinder guys can also get a 5-speed transmission from the Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe and Chrysler Sebring LX Coupe.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

rocky 8g
    ? how many washersdo u guys have spacing the starter off from the block ..cuz i have try one 1/8 washer and i still get this grinding sound from starter hiting flywheel ...fyi iam using a 2g aftermarket flywheel and 2g eclipse starter flywheel is Fidanza
    then sometimes car dose not start at all ,,,,

okay so today i pulled the tranny. so ive gone with a fidanza flywheel specd out for the 3g eclipse, the one importautopartsplus.com posted in this forum for the swap... so im putting in the screws for it (the ones that came with it) and they dont seem to want to seat all the way in and they are sticking out a tad.. has anyone else run into this? and yeah i tried using the automatics flywheels screws and theyre too short...maybe i just need to brace the flywheel better as i torque them? and help would be greatly appreciated...this would not be a good part to screw up heh...

well i couldnt figure it out so i just cut the bolts about an eighth of an inch and loctited them...everything feels nice and sturdy none the less.

Completely reassembled my interior with the new shifter assembly and cables...and my pedals are all in...monday i plan to put in my clutch and flexplate followed by the MT...cant wait.

and does anybody know a site that sells a shift boot that fits the galant? the universal matrix boot i bought is way too tall and skinny.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast