The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion DONE! **UPDATED 02/03/06**

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 385
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    supposedly the Acura Integra boot fits; however people said that the 3000gt boot fits too, and I bought one and it was too skinny, so I would double check with some people. HungarianHunter was making custom shift boots for the Galant a little while back. I PM'd him about making one, but his sewing machine was out of service. It might be fixed again, but I have no idea. You could always just try to make one yourself. They're fairly simple.

Alright well ive got my transmission in, suspension all back together, everythings good to go and im ready to add fluid, and put the battery/intake back in.

But ive been reviewing tutorials and i dont really understand the wiring part of it..

what do i need to plug in and what plugs am i not going to use anymore?

Also when you guys talk about shorting out pins 9&10 in order to start the car. what does that mean?

i understand i need to cross some wires with some of those blue clips but which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by g-ride View Post
    Alright well ive got my transmission in, suspension all back together, everythings good to go and im ready to add fluid, and put the battery/intake back in.

But ive been reviewing tutorials and i dont really understand the wiring part of it..

what do i need to plug in and what plugs am i not going to use anymore?

Also when you guys talk about shorting out pins 9&10 in order to start the car. what does that mean?
    basically, you short the wires to make the ecu think its in nuetral... so it will start, because in a auto the car whille only start in park and nuetral.... and for the plugs if you have a 99-01 you won't use the plug that goes to the soleniods....

i understand that but which wires am i shorting?? what colors? i know its 9 and 10 but i dont know which ones those are..

Look at the last page of the 6G72 5 speed tut and there you will find that color of the wires.

Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    Look at the last page of the 6G72 5 speed tut and there you will find that color of the wires.
    thanks alot, started up a little rough but once it settled down its running nice!

just need to adjust my clutch pedal, figure out the reverse lights and the speedo and everythings done!

so what do i need to buy/do to get the speedometer working/reverse lights...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    For the reverse lights, you just need to connect your reverse solenoid (on your transmission) to the correct two pins on the B-39 connector.

For the speedometer, Cali posted a how-to:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19778

It didn't come up in the search because "speedometer" is never mentioned haha

thanks alot man, and congrats on cotm!

From Gooseys Tuturiol...

the two mounts on the tranny, the one that mounts to the firewall area, and the other one that mounts to the radiator area... can you use the auto tranny mounts, or do you have to get new ones specifically for the manual trans? thanks

the front and rear roller mounts and brackets from the auto are compatible with the 5-speed trans. Just take it off the auto and swap it over to the 5-speed.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

thanks 4g63lover, i kinda figured but just wanted to make sure, but i'm think about replacing the mounts while its out.... i'm pretty sure they need to be changed....

So...... Does anybody know the Transmission mount part# for the manual transmission.. nobody can get a mount that fits on the manual.. all the mounts they list for fits the automatic one.... i just want to make sure this W0133-1613844 is the right number before i order for a third time lol... thanks guys...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

go to C3G and look in the wanted ads. You need the manual trans mount for the 3G Eclipse. 2000-2005. Manual Trans mount for the 2001-2006 Dodge Stratus Coupe will work as well.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

have everything ready for the conversion, but a little confused on the wires part. in page 1 goosey said to cut wires 9 and 10 to start the car and then join 7 and 8 for reverse. In page 2 he states to join 5 and 8 to start the car and 6 and 7 for the reverse lights. i have an 02 galant es I4. please clarify.

After two years of planning, researching, and dreaming, I have finally installed my 5 speed in my 8g. So, I need to pay my dues here. First of, thank you galant center for having this forum up, it was, and is great source of knolewdge. Second, thanks goosey for this thread on how to do the conversion. Trust me, I have disected this thread to its bones. And finally, the community that keeps inputing valuable tips, and knowledge.

ISMASG90
    Man, everyone is doing a swap to their cars. I was thinking about doing it as well.

you really should Ismas, it breathed new life into my G, it was hard back breaking labor doing it myself in the driveway, but it was worth it, even the Rotator Cuff injury from taking out the damned bolts for the shifter cable, i get better gas milage, it's more fun to drive. if for ANY other reason, if you have the ablity and the $$$$, you should do it for the added gas mileage. I'm saving about $8 a week in gas so in a year the swap will have nearly payed for it self just in gas mileage, and that's not including when I go turbo how much MORE fun it will be to drive.
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast