The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion DONE! **UPDATED 02/03/06**

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
Showing results 301 to 320 of 385
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    quick question on the 5spd swap, when using an OEM 3G flywheel we use our oem starter and starter plate and there are no washers or anything that we have to use to space things out right?
    yes,yes and nope!
    Last edited by galant1983; 03-17-2012 at 09:27 PM
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    correct, thats only when using the 2g stuff.

the only reason 2g stuff was used at the time was due to lack of parts and it was much more expensive then it is now

ok guys, question for you, I wired up the speedo just like in the tutorial, and my speedo still doesn't work, car is a 1999 I4 so I just plugged the harness right into the tranny like the tutorial said, any ideas?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ok guys, question for you, I wired up the speedo just like in the tutorial, and my speedo still doesn't work, car is a 1999 I4 so I just plugged the harness right into the tranny like the tutorial said, any ideas?
    Bad sensor? mine is a 01 I just plugged the sensor and everything was fine.

4g64T 5spd

try removing your original speed sensor from the auto and putting into the manual
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Also check fuze in the L shaped panel under the hood when I did mine some how I blew the fuze took me forever to figure it out and don't know how it blew...

I have a hundred and fifty six thousand miles on my G... I have grenaded the original and a junkyard automatic tranny...both times it was the differentials that went. The car is lowered with tein springs and GR2 KYB struts..Will te 5 speed hold up much better than the auto's? if so...sign me up...this car is a keeper! This is the only time it actually broke to the point where I couldnt drive it.
    I am not the type to beat it up but I put on 80 miles a day
    want the gas savings and the stronger tranny...
    5 speed for me?
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

and just so I'm clear....if I get the transmission, flex plate, slave cylinder, clutch pedal , shifter assembly, starter plate and starter from a 3 g eclipse I'm good to go?
    + maybe a new clutch...
    oh...and any news on the check engine light on the 02-03? I know it's been awhile.
    Last edited by minesbroken; 08-24-2012 at 12:44 AM
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    and just so I'm clear....if I get the transmission, flex plate, slave cylinder, clutch pedal , shifter assembly, starter plate and starter from a 3 g eclipse I'm good to go?
    + maybe a new clutch...
    oh...and any news on the check engine light on the 02-03? I know it's been awhile.
    U also need the master cylinder and tranny mount and flywheel not the flex plate. U don't need the starter plate from a 3g. And don't use a used clutch and throw out bearing.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

vincent_13
    Hey all I was just looking at the 2004 transmission the junkyard sent me and noticed it doesn't look like it has a Clutch Fork Pin Cap like the one on the pic was wondering if that's normal or am i going to have trouble with this.Theres actually some other cosmetic differences like shapes here and there but everything else the same. Didnt come with the pivot axle with springs where where the fork goes either, anyone have a part # or know where to get one and can I reuse the autos roll stopper brackets at the sides of trany?

Quote Originally Posted by vincent_13 View Post
    Hey all I was just looking at the 2004 transmission the junkyard sent me and noticed it doesn't look like it has a Clutch Fork Pin Cap like the one on the pic was wondering if that's normal or am i going to have trouble with this.Theres actually some other cosmetic differences like shapes here and there but everything else the same. Didnt come with the pivot axle with springs where where the fork goes either, anyone have a part # or know where to get one and can I reuse the autos roll stopper brackets at the sides of trany?
    This is a picture of the v6 tranny. U have a v6??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

if u dont have a v6, u wont have that pin cap

vincent_13
    Damn, No I have a i4.

Damn, No I have a i4.
    Maybe just maybe u could search Google for few seconds before u waste your time and our time asking something so simple.

I got the answer from looking for an image of the tranny on Google. So maybe u could learn the same thing.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

vincent_13
    Wow harsh, trust me I did Looked up tranny code F5M42 and browsed around but no exact answer. How else do think I made it this far without a post before, but thanks anyway.

lol...nice

Leta use common sense for 2 minutes. U acquired a manual tranny that didn't look like the one in this thread. Hmm what could it be?? We have 2 different engines for our platforms so if it's not one then the other. Google 2000 eclipse manual transmission and it will come up on Google images. No need for codes or anything.

Harsh?? I was very nice and polite. If u can't handle it then oh well.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

vincent_13
    Actually they look very similar. My first thought was that. If looking at pictures is the only logic u go by then the Internet must be a very scary place for you.
    I got all the info I need already, so drop it don't waste a post.

Actually they look very similar. My first thought was that. If looking at pictures is the only logic u go by then the Internet must be a very scary place for you.
    I got all the info I need already, so drop it don't waste a post.
    Only logic?? Lol right. At least I have logic. Good luck.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Wtf... They are not the same or even close to the same. Please search and study at threads and builds before buying transmissions and anything else for that matter

-Roman
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast