Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 385
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    is what? the swap?
    no fatal, the russian. lol jk.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

about the same +/- 30min or so
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    lol well i cant say about the russian. more or less the same you will need the pass side axle from a manual eclipse as well though.
    roman will take good care of you though. when you plan on doing the swap?

I have a ? i want to do a 5speed swap to my 97 diamante....the 3.5L motor bolts str8 into an eclipse so i was wondering if the eclipse gt 5 speed tranny mount will bolt right up to the diamante i know for a fact that the tranny does bolt up to the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gkishan View Post
    I have a ? i want to do a 5speed swap to my 97 diamante....the 3.5L motor bolts str8 into an eclipse so i was wondering if the eclipse gt 5 speed tranny mount will bolt right up to the diamante i know for a fact that the tranny does bolt up to the motor.

good news, diamante automatic engine mounts are the same as the manual, so no need to use any of the eclipse mounts. Pedals are different, shifter assembly is different on the diamante, but you may be able to bolt the eclipse one in place. Good luck!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

well someone over seas has done the swap to their diamante but i guess ill be the first one in america to do so pretty soon. Slave cylinder, master cylinder, tranny, shifter, shifter linkage, clutch....and is the flywheel the same for the 72 and 74?

You can use 3G eclipse V6 parts, all the parts will fit your 6G74, including flywheel, clutch, shifter linkage, but you will need to get the pedals for a LHD diamante/magna. The shifter assembly is different also, but I think it could be installed in your car. I will post some screen shots of all the parts so you can see the differences. Also, you can check AussieMagna.com

EDIT: Screen shots link: HERE
    Last edited by HondaKillerGTZ; 02-21-2009 at 12:22 PM

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

thanks for the help man! It wont let me sign up for the aussie forums cause of the type of email i need. So shifter and s/linkage may work might need some drilling if anything?? clutch pedal assembly and a brake pedal has to be from over seas?

the tranny will definately work. there are guys running 74 swaps with the 3g transmission

Alright so i can get my hands on a clutch assembly from aussie magna (it shouldnt matter even if they a right hand?)......what type of wiring would i need to do to take this auto out and put the 5spd in? what about the speed sensor and all?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    lol well i cant say about the russian. more or less the same you will need the pass side axle from a manual eclipse as well though.
    roman will take good care of you though. when you plan on doing the swap?
    I'm just starting to source all of the parts.. Hopefully by the summer I will have everything. Yeah Romans a good dude.. Haven't seen him in a while though.. Not since the last time I saw you.. We had a meet today too.. Called him later in the afternoon and he was still sleeping.. lol

Oh yeah.. There's a dash in my room with your name on it.. haha

thestig
    i have a couple questions: one where did you get the e-brake handle/boot. also when you put the pedals in you had to change the brake pedal too? in order to make the clutch pedal fit? did those pedals come of of a 3g eclipse as well?

rocky 8g
    oh
    Last edited by rocky 8g; 06-01-2009 at 09:30 PM Reason: wrong post

2000 eclipse 2.4 5 speed at my local junk yard.

Let me know if anyone is interested i can pull everything involved with the tranny and ship it.
    My on changing thermostat

2001 Galant ES
    1972 Datsun 510
    1994 Kawasaki zx9r

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    where you located bro?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

hey goosey... I have a question regarding the flywheel -- if u use a 3g flywheel u need the starter spaced bla bla but If i use a 3g stock flywheel can i use my original starter?? And if the stock flywheel is used will the 2g clutch bolt up or do i need to get something for the 3g?? Im gonna try to finish gathering parts for the swap soon.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

if you use the 3g stuff you need both the clutch and flywheel from a 3g. your stock starter will work.
    if you use a 2g flywheel you need a 2g clutch along with the starter

the benefit of using the 2g stuff when he did his swap was it was cheaper overall for the upgraded components and there was more variety available. plus swapping out a new starter isnt a bad idea when everything is out of the car...

thats why i ask as a matter of fact is because i just bought a starter with lifetime warranty so i want to keep it haha.. Alright thanks for the info
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member
    Getting ready to do this, in the next month or so. Im using all parts from the 3g, will I be able to reuse the stock flexplate/flywheel bolts or will I have to get new ones? Also I heard that I need 2 spacers for the flywheel? Im a little confused lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

TGC Regular
    You have to buy bolts for a manual car because the bolts on your car now are shorter.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast