The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion DONE! **UPDATED 02/03/06**

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 385
    Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    You have to buy bolts for a manual car because the bolts on your car now are shorter.
    only when you have an aftermarket flywheel.

Also, the 3G manual bolts are the same as the flexplate bolts. Use 2G bolts.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    So if I'm using a stock 3 g flywheel I can stick with the stock bolts right? And also jigzi remember you saying there were two washers you could get from the dealer fr 5$ what were those for?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

The washers are there to keep the bolts from digging into the flywheel and destroying it but we dont have enough HP to actually get the flywheel and bolts hot enough to do that. Atleast thats how I understand it.

Also, when buying a 3G flywheel, make sure it's an OEM flywheel. Remanufactured and aftermarket flywheels will need the 2G bolts. As soon as this clutch goes out I'm going to a lightened 2G flywheel cuz this fucker is heavy...

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Anyone have a 2001-2003 who has done the swap? If so what did you do about the ECU? When you had it flashed @ the Dealer, what were the steps after that?
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 12-08-2009 at 04:44 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Well last night i finally finished the swap on my 8G. Havent test drove it fully yet but like my 7G swap................i have no complaints. I still have a spare 3G tranny for sale if anyone is interested $500 bux and its yours

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    Well last night i finally finished the swap on my 8G. Havent test drove it fully yet but like my 7G swap................i have no complaints. I still have a spare 3G tranny for sale if anyone is interested $500 bux and its yours
    Just tranny ??

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    is it just me or are the pics not showing up?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Just tranny ??

yes just the tranny, price has been dropped to $400 bux local p/u

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

rocky 8g

5 speed swap

Ok I been read now I have all 5 speed parts from a 2000 eclipse donor car I have a 2001 galant 2.4
    And want to no do I need the axle from donor and what to do about my ecu
    And if anyone in the new york hudson valley area has done this yet and would like to help out

Experienced TGC Member
    If ur a 2.4 you don't have to worry bout the axles.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky 8g View Post
    Ok I been read now I have all 5 speed parts from a 2000 eclipse donor car I have a 2001 galant 2.4
    And want to no do I need the axle from donor and what to do about my ecu
    And if anyone in the new york hudson valley area has done this yet and would like to help out
    you do not need the axles. for no check engine light yo will need to swap an 00ecu and immonilizer. i would try to get one from c3g which already had the immobilizer bypassed so yo do not have to go to the dealer and have it programmed

rocky 8g
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    you do not need the axles. for no check engine light yo will need to swap an 00ecu and immonilizer. i would try to get one from c3g which already had the immobilizer bypassed so yo do not have to go to the dealer and have it programmed
    i,guess,the,00,v6,ecu,wont,work,then

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    No, because your car is a I4............

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Doses anyone know a fix for the CEL on the 03 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Swap a 99-00 ECU and harness? lol.

On a serious note, SPD_FRK might be onto something with the CEL issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    The washers are there to keep the bolts from digging into the flywheel and destroying it but we dont have enough HP to actually get the flywheel and bolts hot enough to do that. Atleast thats how I understand it.

Also, when buying a 3G flywheel, make sure it's an OEM flywheel. Remanufactured and aftermarket flywheels will need the 2G bolts. As soon as this clutch goes out I'm going to a lightened 2G flywheel cuz this fucker is heavy...
    So i bought a fidanze 3G light weight fly wheel, and it came with crank bolts... I"m still assumming i need to go get 2G bolts correct? Just making sure....

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    If you have an 01+ (and some 00 ECUS depending on processor inside), you can flash the ECU with a Tactrix cable and ECUFlash and simply disable the immobilizer on our ECUs rather than buying another one that has already been disabled. THose of you with 00 Gs may be able to flash the ECU like I said depending on the processor it has, but for those of you wanting to upgrade to the flashable ECU I would suggest an 01+

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Arro View Post
    Doses anyone know a fix for the CEL on the 03 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Swap a 99-00 ECU and harness? lol.

On a serious note, SPD_FRK might be onto something with the CEL issues.
    Check my build thread, more ECU swap discussion here

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    So i bought a fidanze 3G light weight fly wheel, and it came with crank bolts... I"m still assumming i need to go get 2G bolts correct? Just making sure....
    if it came with flywheel bolts, then I would use them. You wont need the 2G bolts if the lightened flywheel came with bolts.

rocky 8g
    on,my,cluch,petal,i,have,too,harness,one,is,for,st arter,where,do,i,connect,them,or,do,i,not,ues,them

Experienced TGC Member
    You do not use them, and you know there is this magical thing called a "SPACE BAR".

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast