The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion DONE! **UPDATED 02/03/06**

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 385
    Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    He means the mount that attaches to the tranny itself.
    ok, well i guess i'm lost then lol, i have reviewed the tutorials atleast 50+ times, i assumed everything for the mounts was transferable from auto to manual... also i need something clearified for me, i when over Ivory8gs build thread and he said he needed the SPEEDSENSOR CONVERSION HARNESS, but in this tutorial it says you need to remove it... could somebody clarify this please? or do you need it for the 02-03 models?

^Not sure on that one bro. I just started doing more and more reading on the swap since I want to do it soon.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    ok, well i guess i'm lost then lol, i have reviewed the tutorials atleast 50+ times, i assumed everything for the mounts was transferable from auto to manual... also i need something clearified for me, i when over Ivory8gs build thread and he said he needed the SPEEDSENSOR CONVERSION HARNESS, but in this tutorial it says you need to remove it... could somebody clarify this please? or do you need it for the 02-03 models?
    for my 99 V6, I had to disconnect the speed sensor conversion harness. You'll know once you start plugging things back in. The conversion harness most likely won't match the ECU harness at all, whereas once you take it off, that plug will match it

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    only 02-03 models need a full speed sensor harness to wire into the cluster. 00-01's have them built into the engine harness.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    I was looking at this, the 03 auto trans has a speed sensor on top of the trans, the plug on that looks similar to the plug for the speed sensor for the m/t but the wire isnt long enough, I havent tried yet cuz I dont have the speed sensor yet hehe :D
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You sure you are looking at the right plug? The speed sensor for the auto/manual tranny is on the diff housing, and is not on top.

I have a few questions if the transmission code is F5m42 that means we could get it from any car with this code transmission?? I did some research and the mirage and the lancer(just lancer not evo) both have the same transmission Does that mean we could use them??? And the eclipse transmission has this 1st and 2nd synchro rings are multi-piece design what does it mean?? And is it a possibility to have a taller fifth gear put in than the .767??

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I have a few questions if the transmission code is F5m42 that means we could get it from any car with this code transmission?? I did some research and the mirage and the lancer(just lancer not evo) both have the same transmission Does that mean we could use them??? And the eclipse transmission has this 1st and 2nd synchro rings are multi-piece design what does it mean?? And is it a possibility to have a taller fifth gear put in than the .767??
    Someone is going to have to PHYSICALLY check this out. I thought the Lancer transmissions bellhousing doesnt match the 4G64 block? For the synchros, I'm guessing it's got multiple pieces.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Didn't Denver use a mirage transmission??
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I know he used a Mirage boot.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Didn't Denver use a mirage transmission??

ha...no he used a 3g one (both times) i know since i had to bail him out twice with the install lol... he tried using the cable brackets from an evo if thats what your thinking lol....it restricted cable movement though and didnt let him go in certain gears...

for the v6 guys though if you use the tranny from a gts rather then a gt it has a taller 5th gear

okay so one more q..are the threaded rods that come out of the tranny for the top mount dealer only item? or can they be bought somewhere else...and also where can i find an eclipse ecu and a new speedo harness? im assuming junkyard

idk if you can find them anywhere else... just take them off your auto tranny and put em on your manny tranny dude.... also why are you getting an eclipse ecu? don't need one really... if you do want a new ecu get an evo one... don't know about the speedo harness though....

you can reuse the auto studs. if you want new ones part number is MD759556

rocky 8g
    Iam using a 2g flywheel ... when i take out the pilot bearing ... do i replace it with something or just leave it out also, I have the o1 galant 2.4 and i got a 2000 ecu from 3g when i plug it in should ever thing be cool or do i have to do something else to it ...o also what boot are u guys using a 3g one
    Last edited by rocky 8g; 02-07-2010 at 08:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by rocky 8g View Post
    Iam using a 2g flywheel ... when i take out the pilot bearing ... do i replace it with something or just leave it out also, I have the o1 galant 2.4 and i got a 2000 ecu from 3g when i plug it in should ever thing be cool or do i have to do something else to it ...o also what boot are u guys using a 3g one
    from what i understand you won't be needing the pilot bearing if you use the 2nd flywheel, idk about the ecu, boot? you mean shift boot?

rocky 8g
    yea shift boot

i think it should work from the eclipse, idk for sure though... i made my own to match my interior.... lol

There was a thread that said shift boots from the 1G Eclipse, 3000GT and Mirage fit.

^ i did not know that lol wow.. i learn something everytime i'm on here.....

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast