The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: td05h plymouth laser

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    phizz2k

td05h plymouth laser

Ok I found a turbo at the junk yard off an early 90's plymouth but was unable to pull it. An employee said they only sell turbo's with the engine and they were asking 500.00 for it.

Right now I'am not ready to do a 4g63 swap so I was wondering if I found another td05h off of a early 90's plymouth, would this be a good turbo to work with or is it to large and require too much energy for it to spool up properly on a 4g64 sohc engine with minor mods.

I have seen a few posts about the td05h turbo but not specifically form a plymouth laser so I was interested in if this would be a good start??

Oh yea would 250.00 or 200.00 be a good price for one used with minmal or no shaft play??

I know as well that this project has a lot of parts to it and I expect to spend close too 1200.00 or more.

Re: td05h plymouth laser

Quote Originally Posted by phizz2k
    Ok I found a turbo at the junk yard off an early 90's plymouth but was unable to pull it. An employee said they only sell turbo's with the engine and they were asking 500.00 for it.

Right now I'am not ready to do a 4g63 swap so I was wondering if I found another td05h off of a early 90's plymouth, would this be a good turbo to work with or is it to large and require too much energy for it to spool up properly on a 4g64 sohc engine with minor mods.

I have seen a few posts about the td05h turbo but not specifically form a plymouth laser so I was interested in if this would be a good start??

Oh yea would 250.00 or 200.00 be a good price for one used with minmal or no shaft play??

I know as well that this project has a lot of parts to it and I expect to spend close too 1200.00 or more.
    i run that same turbo for now on my 2.0 4g63t. even with my low compression ist spools pretty damn quick.

it will work fine for a 2.4l.
    the turbo on that engine is a 14b. look for a 14b, or small 16g to get you started on your turbo project. either one is a great match for the 2.4l the latter being a slightly more expensive, but better match.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah its a good turbo for its cost. I would never pay that much for it though. Max I would offfer them if it was in good condition would be $150-175. You can grab them all day long off eBay for $75-125. Check out DSMTuners Classifieds as well.

Off that car, grab the turbo, injectors, resistor pack, coil pack, power transitor, BOV, SMIC/IC Piping(would need modified but would work) and ECU too if you want to do the 4g63t swap
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    $200-$250 a bit much for a 14b...you can get them much cheaper. I am currently running a 14b on my 4g64 and it spools it up very quickly so your concerns of a 4g64 having problems spooling a 14b is nothing to worry. $500 for a whole motor is a pretty damn good price espeicially if the motor is in good condition with no major problems.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

phizz2k
    Thanks for the reply's guys... I am going to start on this project soon... so I think I will get the things that seth mentioned since its so close to reach..
    I cannot pull the turbo cause the owner of the yard dosen't sell the turbo seperatly but is there anything else I should grab from the junker?

Also does the downpipe have to be custom or is there something out there that can be swaped out?

Man I got to read up on the turbo install sticky

Quote Originally Posted by phizz2k

Man I got to read up on the turbo install sticky
    uhuh....

read up then ask questions. you will find that most of the basic and moderately technical questions can be answered there.

good luck though

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Galant98ES
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Man I got to read up on the turbo install sticky </div>

uhuh....

read up then ask questions. you will find that most of the basic and moderately technical questions can be answered there.

good luck though</div>

i second that
    and especially listen to seth and dohc