The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 plug wires...?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Tiller

V6 plug wires...?

Anyone upgrade the wires in their V6...? any good come of it...?

looking for general feeback, and which wires you used...

your car is still way too new. don't break your back installing new plugs and wires just yet. you won't see that much of a gain.

o yea, magnecor=the best so far

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    your car is still way too new. don't break your back installing new plugs and wires just yet. you won't see that much of a gain.

o yea, magnecor=the best so far
    :thumbsup: good lookin out... I figured as much, but i wasn't sure of the quality of the Mitsu plug wires...

I ran Magnacore 8.5mm in my Si... but the only reason i upgraded was because of the supercharger...

Yep, I agree with Allan. Changing the back three plug wires requires removing the intake plenum. Since that's such a laborious job, I waited until my 30,000 service. Then replaced the plugs and wires at the same time. I went with the Magnecor's.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Gilhuly
    I did mine at around 60 and the car was still running great - plugs didn't look bad at all. Went with Magnecores and Bosch +2's. And yes, it is a pain in the ass. What does the dealer get for that?. It was a good introduction to a smattering of components in my engine compartment, though!

I upgraded my wires and plugs.
    It was a pain in the ass on the v6.
    I went with Nology wires.
    Love,
    Matt

Black2k1GTZ
    It isnt neccesary to change the wires until at least the 30k serive like Chip said. And yes it is alot of work...but you will still see some gains ....but not as noticeable as if you waited. Besides the performance gains...it also brightens up the engine bay!!! It'll look sweet with my red silicone hose kit from HoseTechniques!!!

Marc :mg:

yea i waited till i hit 60 also...
    i used vitek wires, nice blue color didn't want the same old red wires everyone else had...i used denso iridiums....
    i feel the difference

Tiller
    i don't care if the wires were lime green with purple polka dots, and if everyone had them...

I just want the best... I guess i'll wait unti l i need a mojor service or i out heades in... whichever comes first...