The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6a13 twin turbo convert to single turbo

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

6a13 twin turbo convert to single turbo

to anyone who did this conversion.....how was the installation?was it hard?how many horse gain?

i converted a 6A12TT to single turbo with great results :twisted:

but here is a thread for a couple of 6A13TT's that have been converted

you may need to register.

enjoy!
    Horsepower is NOT proportional to the cross sectional area of your exhaust tip.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(to4garret)</div><div class='quotemain'>i converted a 6A12TT to single turbo with great results Â*:twisted: Â*

but here is a thread for a couple of 6A13TT's that have been converted

you may need to register.

enjoy!</div>

which turbo did you go with? Danny only acheived 328 whp to the front only...add the extra awd weight...285 to 300 awhp. Honestly that wasnt worth the time doing the conversion especially if you factor the small td03's can max out at 280 awhp..no nitrous.

I plan on making this conversion myself..

i used a TD05H Big 16G off an EVO III

Danny actually had over 400hp atw on one tune, but he cracked a piston crown.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dannyboyau/d...781.jpg&.src=ph

IMHO it was worth doing, he was running 328hp on stock internals with a very consertive tune, now he has finished forging the internals he can wind the boost up. still, 400hp+ on a FWD :shock:

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    How many liters is the 6a12tt? 2L or 2.5L? I would think it would put out more displacement then a b16g would want to handle.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>How many liters is the 6a12tt? 2L or 2.5L? Â*I would think it would put out more displacement then a b16g would want to handle.</div>
    6a12tt = 2.0l

6a13tt = 2.5l

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yup, 6A12 is a 2litre, the 16G was a perfect size really, i didnt really want to increase the power too much from standard, i wanted to change where the power was available. the TD025's ran out of puff around 5000rpm where i had no problems with the 16G making 18psi at 8000rpm, which was a problem with the internal gate

okay good know that it's worth doing it. So now i'm planning to go single turbo conversion. The 6a13tt engine is already arrived and sitting in front of my backyard.

Don't know which turbo to use?Anyone has suggestion?I am aiming to get 450 hp FWD. Do you think that too much for an FWD?

Maybe i'll post up later all the parts needed for the conversion. Right now, all I know is I'm going to use the microtech stand alone ecu. Since my friend is the main dealer for microtech in malaysia. So I could get a good price.hahah..

So I have a couple of questions.

1. what size are the turbos on a 6a12tt?

2. are the engine mounts the same as on the usdm 2.4L?

3. can the 6a12tt run front wheel only, or do you need the transfer case and half shaft and all that crap?

4. If the 6a12 doesnt run fwd only, does the 6a13?

Sorry for all the questions, but I might swap 4g64 for a 6a12tt

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    1. Not positive, but smaller then 9bs

2. Dont think anybody knows

3. Yes, need a FWD FTO trans

4. See answer 3.
    7g for life!

thanx seth. So what would be a good upgrade froma 9b? I assume the 9's are small. But ya got 2 so its not that bad. Now can you do one small and one large? Smaller for quick low end spool, and a larger one for the top end. Theory or would that work

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>1. what size are the turbos on a 6a12tt?</div>

They are TD025's, they are a "G" cut compressor wheel, unsure of the size, but the inducer is only around 40mm or smaller

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>2. are the engine mounts the same as on the usdm 2.4L?</div>

unsure, the mounts for the 6A12 are exactly the same as for the 4G63, so if the 4G63 will fit, so will the 6A12

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>3. can the 6a12tt run front wheel only, or do you need the transfer case and half shaft and all that crap?</div>

there are FWD gear boxes out there, but as soon as you start making/abusing the power, the gearbox will be your weakest link, your better off converting the 4WD box to run FWD only, i.e. locked center diff etc...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>4. If the 6a12 doesnt run fwd only, does the 6a13? </div>

6A13 is 180deg's in the opposite direction

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>3. Yes, need a FWD FTO trans</div>

i am quite positive that the 6A12 was rotated 180deg's in the FTO's, hence the FWD would be on the wrong side.

any answers on running one smaller turbo and one larger turbo?

not a good idea, heaps of problems, stick with two turbos the same, or one larger turbo.

my fingers are too tired to type the long explaination of why sequential turbo setup will not work easily.

to4garret: I wasnt sayint the single turbo conversion was not worth the effort, more as the turbo selection Danny used was. All the time and money for only 328 when a shot of nitrous can get you there or close.

A modest 6a13 with stock td03 averages around what... 250-265 awhp respectively. the addition of Nitrous will get you near if not past that 328 that you mentioned for alot cheaper. For the money add nitrous for
    From what I have "heard" from tuners in Japan the 6a13 can withstand 450 max whp on a excellent tune.

Evil: To answer #2 the mounts of the 6a13 are identical to that of the USDM V6. The front and two side mounts are perfect but the problem comes with the rear mount that is on the subframe. The USDM I4's subframe is completely different wider (front to back) and it mounts to the underside of the frame differently.

Sequential setups were used on Rx7's here in the US but every single car was converted to single becuase the sequ. setup is a royal pain... two of everything...Alot more tuning, alot more headaches

Be careful on which FTO 6a12 trans you get cause I've seen both 180 versions of it at the moment I cant remember which came in which year