The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: jdm engine ???

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar

jdm engine ???

hey fellas just want to find out a couple of things. i've been going to japan alot lately and i've been browsing around the neighborhood. i've seen a couple of junk shops with junk VR engines and couple of 4g63s. well my question is will the jdms fit our engine supports or do i need to get new mountings for it? i figured that if i'm gonna make the tranny swap but have the same 4g64(nothing against it) i might aswell get the whole assembly for a cheaper price. a VR or 4g63 engine and the tranny as well. you guys think it would work?

imo, any of the jdm 8g's 4cyl motor isn't worth the swap. unless you want the awd then you imght consider it. but then you're venturing into something besides a motor and tranny swap.

those jdm motors make less power than the usdm's 4g64's motor. speaking of 4g64, there was the GDI 2400 but wooo it made like 160 hp. a 20 hp gain. if you just want a 5spd, just swap in the eclipse's 5spd and call it a day.

when you swap the motor, you gotta worry about first fitting hte motor in the car. then you gotta worry about some kinda engine management system. either getting a stand alone or adapting the jdm motor's ecu or the usdm galant's ecu blah blah blah, its not worth 20hp.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    so you wouldn't go there? i knew that you'd be the first to answer this specific question. i can always count on you kababayan. so you say to stick with the tranny swap? i know compared to the vr, they have about 10-2-hp ahead how bout the 4g63s with the turbo manifold? or might as well get the turbo manifold on the 3g? the thing is, they don't have any (harldy) 8gs out here in guam. so when i drive around with my slightly droped g from generic coilovers from china, and jdm tails, and full exhaust, they think it's pretty agressive i can imagine some of our members gs being here. so that's the reason why i wanna make it look tight. cause the last g that joined a car show here with nothing but cut springs, muffler jdm tails and grills and momo steering wheel got a price for being the only customized g in guam. that's just sad.... i wanna show him how it's done in the westside..