The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: REMOTE START

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

REMOTE START

im not sure if our keys have a chip or resistor in them, because im getting my remote start tonight.

what im asking is, does our ignition need the key in for the car to start like some GM's

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Yep the Galant keys are chipped and its gonna cost a little more to get a bypass module.

depends on the year. i think 99's didnt have the chips. if your key has a "N" at the base of one side of the key it has a chip in it.

dont be ghetto and try to tape or some how rig a key under the dash. get the bypass, they arent that expensive.

well my key has an A on it
    and where can i get the module at

the 9g's had that chip in the key.

but yea, visit a local alarm shop or if you don't feel like doing that, there's always ebay.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

straight answer:

if you get an auto start feature - remote start, or security w/ start, etc - you will need to give up one of your keys. the place will take the chip out and implant it into the car for this feature. place i went to - extra 50 bux. so, not bad.

SOLD.

the by-pass isnt that expensive....i did my remote start/alarm last summer and it's not that hard either...but then i have a 97....im going redo the weiring since i skipped the tach wire.....make sure if you do your own wiring that you connect the tach wire since it will make sure that your car starts with the rmotoe and not just give you a teaser start.....ebay has the by-pass modules.....also i know of this website that has them but i dont know how good they really are....i bought my alarm from them and mine still works...

asianwolf.com
    http://www.asianwolf.com/
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

i have remote start on my 9g and i gave up the grey spare key for the chip. no probs, cuz i had i another spare anyway.

The other option if you want is to make a bypass. Really easy to do just need a relay and about 15ft of 18 gauge wire.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.