The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wierd Clutch issue

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Wierd Clutch issue

I just recently purchased a 7g GS. When I test drove it I noticed that the clutch was slipping a little bit. Not a huge deal. However I have since driven it and its very strange occurrence to me. I've noticed that I can drive the car and it won't slip at all. Other times it will slip and seems to get worse then better at times.

Is this normal of a failing clutch? I've generally never ran into actual worn clutch issues, mostly just throwout bearing issues which I just replaced the clutch anyway.

Thanks for the input!

I drove the car to the store today about a 15 mile adventure where I live. I noticed no clutch slippage. the oil level had not lowered at all and I did not see any visible oil leak on the ground or the engine/oil pan and transmission area. I'm begining to wonder about this issue.

Any advice/insight?

Thanks

briggs
    How about the feel of the clutch, spungy, even, varies as you depress ? Also is the pedal coming all the way back up. This would give clues as far as the hydrolic assy for the clutch. Other then that change clutch and check clutch springs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if there's a lot of inconsistency in the feel and action of the clutch as you say, then it's probably on it's way out.

the only way motor oil would affect the clutch is if the crank seal was leaking on the clutch side and allowed oil to enter the bell housing
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd