The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo to good to be true

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Turbo to good to be true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eclipse-DSM...022129807QQrdZ1

I was looking for some parts..... ...for a friend and I came across this and at first it seems like a really good deal but then i noticed there's no real info on the turbo. who makes it or it's specs. Anyways mama always said clean your room or im coming in there with trashbags and throwing all your stuff away. That has no relevance to what i'm trying to say but if it's to good to be true it probably is. Just want to get you guys opinions on it
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member
    Stay away from XS-power. They are a front for SSAutochrome...which happens to make top-notch products.

My favorite example of their workmanship is the epoxied compresser housing:

There are a few other examples with pictures (like the exhaust manifold that snapped in half), though a large majority of their poor reputation stems from experiences of various automotive forum members.

I have YET to see anyone even try to defend XS-power. Which brings to me to my next point. Besides their utter lack of QA, their "customer service" is down right amazing. Go read their feedback. See how well the seller communicates with the customers.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quality workmanship right there. Do any search on any DSM board for XS Power or SSAutochrome, you will find the same crap over and over

Although I think they are starting to get their act together and are using better parts and methods of welding. I saw kevins SSAutochrome tubular exhaust manifold for his c18det and it looked descent. Not as thing of metal and there was some bracing on the runners. Still the port job on the runners was horrid, looked like it was done by a 10 year old.
    7g for life!

SO I should get it?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Tearstone
    That's scary, just look at those welds. Looks like it was done with a stick fed mig at a muffler shop.

The one on ebay is adifferent design and looks to be made of a thicker metal. If you do get it, take it to a welder to have inspected. If there arent any supports welded from the turbo flange to the runners, have a few welded on.

As for the turbo I dont think it would have any problems. I only heard htey had a bad batch with a few but still kinda sketchy.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>

As for the turbo I dont think it would have any problems. Â*I only heard htey had a bad batch with a few but still kinda sketchy.</div>
    yeah its still a garret chra.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ES-Turbo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>

As for the turbo I dont think it would have any problems. Â*I only heard htey had a bad batch with a few but still kinda sketchy.</div>
    yeah its still a garret chra.</div>

There is nothing "Garrett" about any of the SSautochrome turbo's. Unless the little chinese kid that put it together's name was Garrett!! Every bit of those turbo's are cheap copies of Garrett parts. None of them are balanced and all of the clearances are way out of spec. Good luck.

Experienced TGC Member
    Either way, I couldn't care less if they make better and cheaper turbos than Garrett, KKK, or Mitsu. The way they treat people who have problems with them makes me want to punch their mothers in the face for not teaching them basic civility.

Ive heard bad things about their support department. Personaly I wouldnt run even an SSAutochrome ziptie if they made them. Their products arent the best quality and their support is even worse.
    7g for life!

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Either way, I couldn't care less if they make better and cheaper turbos than Garrett, KKK, or Mitsu. Â*The way they treat people who have problems with them makes me want to punch their mothers in the face for not teaching them basic civility.</div>

There is a few companies I can think of that are like that. That is a big part why I went into business doing what I do.

Galant98ES
    why not just get a proven mitsubishi or garret turbo and avoid the headache...