The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yellowing headlights, big problem for us 7G'ers!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    Galant98ES
    I used 800,1000,1200,2000 grit wet sand paper and than scratch-x. Made my headlights look like new.

Pinoy, it's a new headlight assembly. Neither of my headlights that I currently have instaled were in the accident. Also, guys, the headlight is not cloudy and yellowing. It has condensation on the inside. That is, little tiny droplets of water collecting on the lens much like a glass door or a mirror in a bathroom after you take a hot shower.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pinoy, it's a new headlight assembly. Â*Neither of my headlights that I currently have instaled were in the accident. Â*Also, guys, the headlight is not cloudy and yellowing. Â*It has condensation on the inside. Â*That is, little tiny droplets of water collecting on the lens much like a glass door or a mirror in a bathroom after you take a hot shower.</div>

where'd you get the new headlight? it probably does just have a crack in it somewhere... im assuming you got a used one and didnt take the financial nosedive that is a new headlight (up to $140 on eBay!!!). just look for a crack and hit it with some superglue is what id say. did that with a leaky blender the other night. worked great!

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

Well it was good, but see, my coolant resevoir is right there. When I had my over heating problem, hot water and coolant was shooting out of the top of the resevoir, all over the headlight, in turn causing it to condensate.

is ur sig b4 or after wreck or after new headlights?
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Post-wreck, pre-new lights.

Experienced TGC Member
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate to bump this thread and bring it back up but..... I plan to do this tomorrow and i have a few questions. I bought 800 1000 and 1500 grit sand paper ( i plan to work my way up as i go). First ? do i have to sand in a circular motion or side to side? 2nd i bought a cheap ass coleman buffer it pushes 4000 RPM will that work if i take my time and buff it?

im not 100% sure but isnt 1500 a tiny bit too harsh??

Experienced TGC Member
    1500 barely scuffs your finger nails.....

once i get my ands on a set of yellowed lights ima start a tutorial, if any one has a set or just one laying around please let me know.. if u pay for shipping u can have it back when im done.. or ill pay shipping and keep it.. other wise i gotta find some.. junk yards around here clean them when they get them so they can sale...

we have a tutorial

i have lenses only, i think they're yellow. they're in the basement somewhere. let me know if you're interested.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

oh ok cool, yea can u get me a price on those lenses to be shipped.. 27406.. i got a couple of things id want to do to them..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123