The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yellowing headlights, big problem for us 7G'ers!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 52
    unless it takes a couple applications i guess its good enough to let settle.its like those carpet cleaners for cars...gets better over time but makes quicker progress with more applications of it.

i need to clear both of my headlights too...
    + clear the corners while im at it.*sigh*

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Dudes, all you need is some Mothers Plastic Polish or my favorite! Mothers chrome polish. Makes those headlights look like new all the time, Oh ya it is good for rims too.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Will that stuff actually make the headlight NEW, as in, like my passenger side light??

That'd be nice.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Ya, you might have to do it a few times. but the mothers chrome polish works very well for me.

Can this be purchased at Walmart or a related store? I'm at school now, and there's a Walmart right here. Should I go look?

There's also an Advance Auto Parts, Autozone AND Pep Boys on thr way home if it's there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can this be purchased at Walmart or a related store? Â*I'm at school now, and there's a Walmart right here. Â*Should I go look?

There's also an Advance Auto Parts, Autozone AND Pep Boys on thr way home if it's there.</div>

Yes all of the above, but especially Autozone or Pepboys.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Ok, I got the Mothers Chrome Polish stuff. Now, is there anything specific I should do, or should I just polish the headlights as is?

put some on the light, wait 5 minutes then buff it. repeat as needed.

take some pics when ur done...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

WOW!!!!!

After the solution, sanding, and now the polish, my headlight looks SO MUCH CLEARER!! At night, when you turn the headlight on, it really shows a huge improvement. You can actually see inside the headlight now, you can see the bulbs and everything. Before, you couldn't see anything.

Pictures won't do justice, but I'll post some tomorrow.

The headlight doesn't look NEW, but man it's so much clearer than before. I bet if I sand it some more, use the solution again and then polish it again, it'll be even better. What I really should do, is actually disassemble the headlight and use this process on the INSIDE of the lens too, but that's overboard.

I'll keep posting pictures as I keep working on it.

Thank you so much for that tip, Bronx.

Quote Originally Posted by NiTrOuSoXiDe
    WOW!!!!!

After the solution, sanding, and now the polish, my headlight looks SO MUCH CLEARER!! At night, when you turn the headlight on, it really shows a huge improvement. You can actually see inside the headlight now, you can see the bulbs and everything. Before, you couldn't see anything.

Pictures won't do justice, but I'll post some tomorrow.

The headlight doesn't look NEW, but man it's so much clearer than before. I bet if I sand it some more, use the solution again and then polish it again, it'll be even better. What I really should do, is actually disassemble the headlight and use this process on the INSIDE of the lens too, but that's overboard.

I'll keep posting pictures as I keep working on it.

Thank you so much for that tip, Bronx.
    don't try to polish the inside of your headlights. you'll be getting yourself into much deeper water if you do.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah? Alright. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah? Alright. Thanks for the heads up.
    the inside of the 7g headlights aren't smooth. it has that texture on the inside that is used to disperse the light.

I probably shouldn't bite off more than I can chew, but what if I actually did take the assembly apart, and sanded those lines away. Would the headlight be less effective? Probably, because there's nothing inside of the headlight to dispurse the light so it'd probably just point straight forward like a flashlight, no?

I probably shouldn't bite off more than I can chew, but what if I actually did take the assembly apart, and sanded those lines away. Would the headlight be less effective? Probably, because there's nothing inside of the headlight to dispurse the light so it'd probably just point straight forward like a flashlight, no?
    if you sand away those lines your beam pattern will not light up the sides and right in front of your car as well if at all. your beam will be more concentrated far in front of you where the bulk of the light goes now.

yes if you did a good/ perfect job, it would look very clear, it would probably look pretty sweet too. but i really don't think its worth it.
    the insides of your headlamps don't really oxidize like the outside. if you were to remove your headlamp assembly, you would actually see thaat only the exterior part that is exposed has the oxidation/yellowing. the top and the bottom of the headlight covers will be pretty clear.
    ^just an example to model why you realy won't gain muuch at all from cleaning the insides.

how do your front turn signals look? do they need to be cleaned as well?

once you have the headlights clean and clear, the key is to protect the headlights with wax every time you wax your car.

when i wax my car i wax the headlights, tailights, turnsignals, as well as all the glass on the car. really brings out the shine. and doesn't really take any longer to do when all you do is slide the buffer over for a few passes.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

True. If I had a spare set of 7G lights layin around, though, I think I'd try it out anyway. If I cleared the dispurse lines away, and retrofitted projectors into the assembly, we'd have some HOT looking 7G lights.

Anyway, I've never waxed my car, but I think I should. Maybe when it starts getting warmer again, I will.

Figured I'd just resurect this old thread instead of making a new one, but I noticed my passenger side headlight has a MASSIVE ammount of condensation on the inside. Like, so much to the point where if I put my car right up against a wall, and you compare the ammount of light being cast by both headlights, it appears as if it's not even on.

Suggestions on making this go away?

you were recently in an accident so i'd say remove the headlight and look for cracks and damage to the headlight. fix that. and take the headlight inside to make sure its fully dried and then put back.

Experienced TGC Member
    Might kinda sound stupid but i used finger nail polish remover on the headlights for a neon that i used to own... it made a major improvement but the only thing was that you had to do it like once every 4 months or so....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast