The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I think my electrical system blew up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Ok. Problem is still there. I haven't had time to work on the car because I was on vacation.

I pulled the alternator and had it tested at Autozone. They tested it about 4 times and each time it tested as Good.

When I try to start the car, it clicks rapidly like the battery is dead. It's a new battery. But even if it was a bad battery from the factory, that wouldn't explain why the car was acting like it was in the first place. Or am I completely wrong?

I was told that the starter could be the problem which is causing the clicking, but doesn't the starter Make the clicking noise? And if it was bad, wouldn't it just Not make a noise? And again, that wouldn't explain the awkward idling and accessories going out while the car was already on.

But it could be something funky with my timing AND starter... And maybe a melted fuse that doesn't look blown, but just doesn't work. But all of that leads to something else that is the original culprit.

I'm kind of mad right now, because I was hoping the alternator was the problem and that would be the end of it. But no, I'm missing out on some JDM headlights because I have to hold on to all my money just in case I have to spend an assload on fixing this thing.

Gah! I should just sell it and import an Evo V.. But in the meantime, any other suggestions?
    99 Black GTZ

Suspension: KYB GR-2 shocks/struts, H&R Springs
    Wheels: 18x7.5 ADR GT-Sports, 225/40/18 Nitto Neo-Gen

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    TRy one last thing. Have someone in the car turn the key to start while you are under the hood taping the starter. If that dont work you could alway get a starter from autozone, try it and bring it back if thats not the problem.

Changing the starter is cake, dont let a mechanic tell you he gotta raise the car on a lift and get it from underneath cuz its bullshit.

Remove you stock air box and intake, look there underneath the intake manifold and Bam! there it is. Get a 14 spanner or 14mm socket and rachet the two bolts holding it in there. then take the what i believe is a 12 and unbolt the wires and reconnect the new starter in reverse. And now you have learned an easy and quick 20 minute way of saving money and removing your starter.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Yeah, I'll be pulling the starter tomorrow. I figured while I had parts of the engine out I would clean it up a bit. So I wasted a lot of daylight today

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll definitely be doing that myself. I hate having another mechanic mess with my car. Even when I'm getting an alignment or tires put on, I stand there and watch them. Mainly it's fun to watch but I know subconsciously I'm there to make sure they don't poke their wrench in the wrong spot
    99 Black GTZ

Yay! I fixed it. Turns out my new battery was a dud. I returned it to Autozone and got a new one. Runs like nothing happened.

So if anybody ever experiences this kind of thing, just check your battery. I wasted a lot of time because the symptons really looked like the alternator. And since I was getting power to the rest of the car, I just assumed the battery was fine.
    99 Black GTZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12