The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Possible Brake Problem?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Senior TGC Member

Possible Brake Problem?

I know the front brakes get much, much hotter than the rear ones because they have to do more work to stop the car. After driving today I sprayed the front rims with water and my driver side wheel was just producing vapor like crazy...must have been hot as heck. The passenger side didn't quite react as dramatically...think my driver side might be dragging or having any other kind of problems?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Hahaha. That's kind of hard to be basing a problem based on the amount of vapors. Now smoke signals is a little different though, and that wasn't a joke bro, hehe.

A better sign of a problem is uneven wear on the brake pads like driver side much more than the passenger side or something to that effect. Source of problem might just be that the pressure set for that corner is not correct and should be recalibrated to factory specs.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

dont ever spray cold anything on a hot brake rotor..
    chances are it will warp instantly.

and it has no indication of how even or uneven the brakes are wearing.

does your car pull to either side when you brake? taht can also be a sign on uneven wearing...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    does your car pull to either side when you brake? taht can also be a sign on uneven wearing...
    Only when I brake hard enough to activate ABS. Shoulda thought about the cold on hot before I sprayed, but at the time I figured when I drive in the rain the brakes get wet anyhow...forgot about metal tempering. If I did warp anything...my brakes sure as heck aren't squealing anymore. They're quieter than a mouse.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

BlueESV6
    I would also think if it was dragging then your car would pull when you let go of the steering wheel as well as when you brake...

Crazy as it sounds look at your rotors at night... if they are glowing then getting much too hot and will eventually warp. Also touch your wheel... is it really hot? Probably from the rotors...

Senior TGC Member
    Kinda like GT3 where it glows as you brake eh I'm no longer able to keep my finger on the front wheels, it actually causes damage to my skin

I'd still say inspect the pads. They don't lie, hehe. If it's unevenly/excessively worn compared to the other side, you know you have a problem.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>