The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I have an 8G in my crosshairs, I might buy it, have some Q's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    hey. youre from SI? i got my car from potamkin mitsu in Manhattan. its a 03 G $11k with 11k miles on it. which 2 yrs ago was a good deal. www.potamkinmitsubishi.com
    i tried lots like major world and some other big ones in queens. the cars you will find there are and are marketed to people with low money.
    your best bet is to buy a car off a priv individual or off a more reputable lot.
    oh yea, and u can never trust the cars they advertise in the ads. because a dealership can promise u anything to get u to come to the lot and when u do come, they "just sold the car yesterday." its called bait and switching. its illegal but nyc gov got better things to take care of
    Potamkin is over priced i got my 98 7g from them back in 02 for 6k, they wanted 9k. He had to 'go see the manager a few times' then i come here and see the average price was 3-5k
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

ipaintu
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-...599016251QQrdZ1

cheap ass fixer upper... close to you maybe... worth it to me...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I bought mine in Brooklyn, NY at Bay Ridge Mitsubishi. 2001 ES with 35,000 for $8500. But since I was paying cash I got them down to $6000 tax included.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintu
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-Galant-ES-2000-ES-54K-2-4L-I-4-Auto-AC-CD-Power-As-Is-Body-Damage_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6353QQitemZ45990 16251QQrdZ1

cheap ass fixer upper... close to you maybe... worth it to me...
    I would get that(but Im getting another 7g from a freind), most of the damage could be replaced with a kit except for the fender. The stearing wheel is a scary sight and i dont think is cheap to fix.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

ipaintu
    less than 1k to fix and have ready to resale. I get airbag for that for like 35.00 Or you could do a custom wheel.. The most on that car is the wheels to me.... The rest is easy. Its a good deal if you get under 2k thats for sure.

Still if you put 1500 into it your still doing good.. the car only has 54k on it.. thats low freaking miles.. Just some moron kid had it and it got hit in a repo i bet... someone didnt set a reserve meaning they want it gone.

I'll keep looking. See, here's how it is:

I want a '99-'03 Galant that's in good condition, meaning no dents, decent paint and absolutely no mechanical problems at all. The problem is that I don't have enough money to afford a Galant in that good of condition, because the going rate is $6-8k and more. So, I'm probably going to have to settle for a fixer-upper, but I really don't have enough money right now to fix the problems it will come with, and I really can't be driving around with a beat up car. Also, the other problem is that I am currently under my father's name with insurance. Legally, I signed the title over to him because I "went away to college" so I could get athe cheaper rates. Now, you have to understand that my father is a very stubborn and negative man, who immediately shoots down the idea of me getting a new car right now and getting rid of the one I have. He insists I drive this 7G into the ground. So, without his cooperation, if I go off and buy an 8G (which will probably clear out my bank) he most likely won't sign it under his name again, and I'll have to deal with through-the-roof insurance quotes again. That, in turn, means MORE money being spent that I don't have.

So all in all, an 8G for me right now is very unrealistic. It's very disappointing, but yeah, I probably won't be getting a new ride any time soon unless something drastic happens to my car, and I'm forced to buy something new. Don't you fuckers get any ideas of ways to "help" me... :twisted:

*lights match*

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

dont laugh... it can be fixed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-ES-54K...1QQcmdZViewItem

what about this one? you said fixer-upper and this ones only $1000!

really low miles too (54k)

located in milford, conn

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

I know that one is priced very well, but look at the amount of work it needs...

Then again, if I got it for that cheap, all the money saved can be used to fix it up.

I wonder if that guy would do an even trade, my 7G for his 8G.

It's something to think about, but I think I'd rather stock up oin my funds a little more before I buy. I originally planned on beginning the search for an 8G at the start of next spring/summer, that way it'd be getting warm out and I'd have already saved up some money. The only reason I sparked a little interest is because I saw what appeared to be an excellent Galant for an outrageous price.

I'm going to stick to the original plan. I'm going to start saving up like mad, and come the spring next year, I'll stick the 'for sale' sign on my 7G and begin the search for the perfect 8G

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    hey nitrous... i bet that u went to Compass dodge, in orange NJ.

when i was looking to buy a G, back in march... i saw the SAME thing in auto shopper...this was MARCH of this year, mind u.

white G, low miles, looked fucking beautiful...and it was $2995

called them up, they told me car was still in stock. ok so i took a trip up to compass dodge to expect a deal of a century. what the fuck did i see?....

a silver G, that had been stolen and was missing door panels, headrests, spolier, trim, sunroof, the 1/4 panel was dented with rust the rear bumper was shot, had ALOT of body damage

i was fucking mad as hell when i left

Same. Exact. Car.

Now I'm angry too because the guy said "Oh, we got this in two days ago."

Fuckers....... :x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12