The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sunroof question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    stephen7983

Sunroof question

Does anyone know how much it will run me to get a power slide-in sunroof installed at the dealership? Is the sunroof oem style just like the ones that come with the LS or GTZ models?

Yep, DJ is right. Most dealers will contract their sunroof work out. The factory GTZ sunroof is an expensive puppy and most of the money is in labor. I was told $900 here in Maryland. They have to take headliner down and install the pocket and controls for the factory model. That seems to be what drives up the cost. I would make sure that wherever you take it, they know what they're doing.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Nick VR4
    you might wanna do a search for a local company instead of using dealer
    could be cheaper too

stephen7983
    That's true what you guys said. It's best to take it to a reputable place. I mean a dealership won't hurt because they know who make oem style sunroofs for their cars. If I take it to a place where they make custom sunroof chances are it's not gonna be oem style.

GalantLadie
    $850, $900 thats crazy, when i bought my car back in may of 00 i had th dealer add the sunroof (slide in kind) and i only added $580 to the total cost of the car, and that was in Jersey.

New G Man
    I highly recommend ASC (American sunroof co) they do work for the local dealers. My unit cost $975.00 plus tax (2001 ES) and I love it! Looks just like the factory unit. Dealers pay between $500.00-$700.00 then markup the option almost twice as much, (I saw the dealer price sheet) http://www.ascglobal.com/aftermarket/licen...ee.asp?State=CA