The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant GS a Bitch to work on

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    HIXMITS

Galant GS a Bitch to work on

I pulled my car in the driveway the other night and it was leaking water from the water pump... I knew that I had to replace the water pump, but I thought it would be a pretty simple job, man was I wrong. The engine is butted about 2 inches from the side of the car, and everything has to come off, even the timing belt... When i finally got it changed, i had to try to time it like 4 times, which meant that I had to fuck with that stupid tensioner thing.... it runs fine now, but If this thing keeps breaking, i think i'm going to buy a different kind of car that is easier to work on, probably a BMW. I wish that our cars had a straight engine and rear wheel drive, why not? did i mention the galant is the car that has been the most fun to drive out of all the cars i have owned?

werkenskunkem
    try owning a honda, you'll thank the mitsubishi engineers!

Galant GK1
    When my water pump went bad i tried fixing it myself. Damn was it hard to work on. I eventually jus took it to a garage. The guy has worked on my car since it was brand new so he gave me a deal, but i woulda have hated to pay for full labor to get it fixed.

TGC Regular
    hey GK1, u left on message on my cardomain thing didn't you? yeah i think it was you. when are you going to get some pics of your ride up?

Galant GK1
    yeah that was me. hopefully soon i will have some pics up. I'm workin on making a website so it will have some pics of my car on it. But im hopin to have some pics on tgc within the next 2 weeks.

after youve fixed thousands of them, its pretty easy.
    i can do a water pump on one of those in about an hour and a half, from start to finish.

you think beemers are easier to fix ? haha....
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]