The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Ralliart 4 point front underbrace INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

JDM Ralliart 4 point front underbrace INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!

all aluminum. this thing literally weighs as much as one of my timberland boots. no shit. but its the by far the most ridgid brace thats gone on my car.

it bolts on at the through bolts for the lower control arm, then the inner bolt of the compression arm.
    on the underside of it you can see where they crimped the bar to give extra clearance for oversized downpipes like mine.

pretty cool. the instructions were in japanese. just used the pics to figure out how to install it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Proto
    the frame shit for under your car

stickers!!

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ahaha I know. Thats not your new mods. POST PICS OF YOUR NEW MODs ALREADY. Jeez :twisted: 8) :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!:

</excessive smileys> :?:
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Re: DOHCstunr's new mod pics TEASE

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR

whats all this?
    mmmmm pure happiness???
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ok well pics are up now. enjoy

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

wOw that does look pretty rigid.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Sal
    where did u get the brace and how much did it cost? i've been looking for one for ages now.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    wish i knew what that did

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>wish i knew what that did</div>
    It reduces chassis flex allowing the suspension components whose job it is to absorb or transfer energy can do so most efficiently.

That thing is beautiful. If my Galant was my "handling" car, I'd be all over one of those.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal)</div><div class='quotemain'>where did u get the brace and how much did it cost? Â*i've been looking for one for ages now.....</div>
    He got it on eBay for $75! Ive never seen one there my entire life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>wish i knew what that did</div>
    It reduces chassis flex allowing the suspension components whose job it is to absorb or transfer energy can do so most efficiently.

That thing is beautiful. If my Galant was my "handling" car, I'd be all over one of those. </div>
    Id be all over one if I could find one!

So what is your handling car? Replace your suspension bushings and you will find a new lease on the GS there
    7g for life!

new bushings restored my hope for the 7g. i already had eibach and AGX and even when it was on 4 front and 8 rear, it felt like the 8g's had better handling.
    then i replaces all my bushings. Aw man.
    i can powerslide like non other now, and even with the stock swaybars my car does not lean on a hard curve.
    even 90 degree right hand turns at intersections, if i want to be hard on it, i can whip it around w/ just a snap.

after getting that brace installed and fixing a couple of loose links, my car has never handled better. no matter what turn i go into it seems like i am taking them too slow... i have to power through them for it to feel right. understeer has been reduced by such a significant margine.
    just need to upgrade my rear sway and i'll be done until it comes time for some tein or d2 coilovers followed by some cornerweighting magic.

but thats a while away.

my only regret...
    not getting the prothane kit for my bushings. the energy is nice, but i have felt the prothane bushings recently, they are soooo much harder. replaces more bushings than energy also.

yeah the lower brace was quite a find :shock:
    but rre and obx make a solid 2 point lower brace now for the 2g. it will fit the 7g as well. ties the compression arms together.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>So what is your handling car? Â*Replace your suspension bushings and you will find a new lease on the GS there </div>
    My 97 Mirage with JICs, Cusco upper and lower braces and Whiteline 16mm rear sway. It probably weighs under 2400lbs so I can expect more from in than Galant tank.

I have the Eibach kit waiting to go on, and I also have a Whiteline kit waiting to go on my Mirage. I've been eyeballing the cheap bottle-jack presses on eBay so I may be installing them soon.

Right now the Galant handles much better than stock with Intrax/AGX (3F,7R), but it still seems to plow in the corners, and nosedives under braking. My 17s and Toyos are still shipping so that should help over the dried up touring tires on the car now. RMDSM sways are on the wish list too, which should help a lot. Though the Mirage gives me high expectations that I don't think a 3000lbs car can live up to, so I don't try to force it.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

that brace is for the VR-4 Galant (8G)....
    http://www.poweraxel.com/ralliart/catalogu...e/legnum/2.html

scroll down
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

sure is, lucky for us 7g guys the 8g JDM vr4 front suspension is identical to the usdm 7g front suspension

1994 Galant GS-Turbo