The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help on choosin lowering springs to drive in snow w/ bkit

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

help on choosin lowering springs to drive in snow w/ bkit

i have a 2003 es V6 stock struts w/ tein dress up lowering springs. i live in N.Y drive all yr round im getting a body kit and either 17 or 18s im leaning heavy on 18s so if i get 18s w body kit what springs will drop enough to look good but not low to worry to much about hitting /scraping my teins are low to me and i dont have kit on what are some suggestions also what struts to use not to much $ thanks

ps.anywhere get good price on kits besides ebay

with what you want, i say you can't go wrong with the eibach pro kit and some kyb agx's. just contact performance parts store and they should hook you up with what you need.

the tein basic setup should also meet your needs but costs a lil bit more.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

All i have to say is It Hurts to Drive in Brooklyn when it snows.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

man let me just say. We are gettin another snow storm right now and i had to drive home this morning. Man o man, i hate it when u cant see a bump. Mind you i was leaving NYC on the deegan. MURDER :evil:

so the eibach springs are not as low as the teins i have on now? do they ride good?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 01nygalant
    so the eibach springs are not as low as the teins i have on now? do they ride good?
    Teins are crazy low and a lil bouncy when hitting bumps or potholes, Eibachs are a lil stiffer than the teins. With a Eibach setup on AGX's or Gr2s and 18 you will rub, any bump you hit you will rub, and god forbid you have passengers in the back you will again rub. Look into camber kits and rolling your fenders.

17's are ok, i have driven a winter with chrome 17's each weighing bout 48 pounds a piece. Real heavy but have never gotten stuck in snow. Slow on takeoff but once rolling can actually reach excessive speeds of 70+ easy.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

thanks i know they make alot of of springs for our rides but hard to tell what its like till there on i have a camber kit in front now.ill look into eibachs thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i have a cyber 1 front bumper on my car right now waiting till after it snows to put on the rest of the kit but i also live in ny and i have 17" konig troubles on my car for the winter i would stay away from the 18" wheels for the winter and dont go too low on the drop especially if its your daily driver like mine is i have decent clearance with my stock springs but you know our new york streets i would actually go with a coil over kit or something tha is what i am doing eventually after the winter and i get the rest of the kit on and painted

Eibach and 18's = you WILL NOT rub I have this setup on my car and have never rubbed not even once.

what if i got 18s w kit for summer and returned to stock wheels for winter still be same problem.

how low were the eibachs.if i put on 18s for summer and put stock 16s on for winter still be a problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01nygalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>what if i got 18s w kit for summer and returned to stock wheels for winter still be same problem.</div>

I got a kit in NYC, you can see the pics at the www below my post. I am dropped on Progress Springs, I roll with 18s in the summer and back to stock 15s in the winter. The height of my car off the ground didn't really change that much. As you know the diameter of the wheel with the tire is pretty much the same whether you are on 18s or 15s. 1 size just has more wheel and the other size just has more tire.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

thamks what off set is your wheels 18s what do i look for to be sure fit