The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to keep Low beam + High beam ON together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

How to keep Low beam + High beam ON together

You need 2 SPST automotive relays (30+ amp). Try to get relays with harnesses since its a lot easier to wire up. Use a proper ground for everything. Also please you a proper fuse for the 12+ volt line with this formula.

FUSE AMP RATING = (TOTAL WATTAGE / 12)

Note that the relays have to have a Normally Open and a Normally Closed terminals.
    Last edited by Prophet; 01-18-2011 at 10:32 AM
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

im not sure this is a great idea.... the stock harness already has problems were the it arcs over to both sides resulting in a "lazy" eye.....
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FRCFD6)</div><div class='quotemain'>im not sure this is a great idea.... the stock harness already has problems were the it arcs over to both sides resulting in a "lazy" eye.....</div>

This is primarily for a car with JDM headlights or for the 7g maybe since there are seperate bulbs for highs and lows unlike the stock 8g bulb
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Jason I dont think the jdm's have seprate headlight bulbs I think the inner 2 are fog lights and the outter ones are heads

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jason I dont think the jdm's have seprate headlight bulbs I think the inner 2 are fog lights and the outter ones are heads</div>
    Matt I believe your dad is the only one that wired them up that way. Everyother car on here that has JDM headlights including mine has them wired up as inner high beam and outer low beam. Not saying that he is wrong I really liked his idea, and definitely with the yellow bulbs I think that would look sick.
    Editand also the JDM galants have their foglights in the bumper just like the usdm galants do. So would that be a 2nd set?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

yea true about the second set of fogs on the jdm bumper but he had high and low heads (be 4 hid's) and the fogs were the inner lights.... Im pretty sure im right but ill talk 2 him 2 night and confirm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jason I dont think the jdm's have seprate headlight bulbs I think the inner 2 are fog lights and the outter ones are heads</div>
    Matt I believe your dad is the only one that wired them up that way. Everyother car on here that has JDM headlights including mine has them wired up as inner high beam and outer low beam. Not saying that he is wrong I really liked his idea, and definitely with the yellow bulbs I think that would look sick.
    Editand also the JDM galants have their foglights in the bumper just like the usdm galants do. So would that be a 2nd set?</div>

o and I dont know if u saw his car lately but he got 6500k hid's and the yellow bulbs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FRCFD6)</div><div class='quotemain'>im not sure this is a great idea.... the stock harness already has problems were the it arcs over to both sides resulting in a "lazy" eye.....</div>

You don't have to you the stock harness, Both me and Jay used standard terminal connectors you can get at radioshack and everything works fine. Oh and believe me I know what i'm doing when it comes to relays. 8)

sorry to ask but, what is the purpose of having your highs and low's together?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

On the JDM headlights it just looks better

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOOSEY2099)</div><div class='quotemain'>On the JDM headlights it just looks better</div> ohhhh for JDM so if i tried doing this it would just be brighter right.... waht if i did this and just re-aim the heads so i whould have brighter lights... for some reason my lights look better when high...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

it sucks in cali you cannot do that here its ILLEGAL :cry:

From what I've seen you can do anything in cali and still pass inspection somehow. "Where there is a will there is a way"

Hey Roman can you do my relays for me? I'm not good with relays. I have the projectors that Eric made.

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

TGC Regular
    Is there any sort of difference for wiring from Canadian cars to American cars?

In Canada we have our day beams running automatically and if I'm not mistakened, in America, you can turn them on or off.
    Using my buddies Saturn as an example.. I think we use 4 different beams
    Day/Night
    Hi/Low
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    did this about 2 weeks ago. i'm planning on changing my h1 to yellow bulbs.

where do you buy these relays?

electronic supply house? auto parts store

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Radio Shack

Mine stay on together and its stock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast