The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can a Galant ever be a 10sec car?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 66

Can a Galant ever be a 10sec car?

Can a galant be a 10 second car with the v6 dohc engine thats in it?

As of yet, I dont think anyone has gone ten seconds yet in a USDM 8G. Better take it to Toretto's shop maybe he can hook it up.
    Love,
    Matt

Re: Can a Galant ever be a 10sec car?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sean C>)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can a galant be a 10 second car with the v6 dohc engine thats in it?</div>
    ^you got that from the fast and the furious

But, I've said it before and i'll say it again "If you have the time and money anything could be done"

hold on. whoa there. what are you doing with a factory dohc motor in an 8g. tell us more about your non usdm galant since the usdm 8g's only came with a sohc motor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>As of yet, I dont think anyone has gone ten seconds yet in a USDM 8G. Â*Better take it to Toretto's shop maybe he can hook it up.</div>

hahaha

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>hold on. whoa there. what are you doing with a factory dohc motor in an 8g. tell us more about your non usdm galant since the usdm 8g's only came with a sohc motor.</div>

x2

and no. we can't. or we won't.
    -Chris

Re: Can a Galant ever be a 10sec car?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sean C>)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can a galant be a 10 second car with the v6 dohc engine thats in it?</div>

Love the mind of a noob. That should be the greatest TGC question of 2006.

If you can't find what your looking for using the Search menu Mr. Elk River. You Dont belong in a galant. 10 Seconds and still street legal is pushing it. Like stated above anything's possible with time and money.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    it also depends on how loosely you use the term "street legal". do you mean racing tires? Alot of the fast 3g guys are using big 17 or 18" rims with drag radials, their cars arent much lighter then ours. I would say to make an 8g run a 10 sec pass, any 10 sec pass, 10.999 you would probably need a nice set of DOT drag radials (if thats what you call street legal) and about 550-650whp. this is assuming, ballpark with a car and driver that weighs about 3350-3400lbs. the rule of thumb is every 100lbs of weight equals .1 sec on your 1/4 mile ET.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>it also depends on how loosely you use the term "street legal". do you mean racing tires? Alot of the fast 3g guys are using big 17 or 18" rims with drag radials, their cars arent much lighter then ours. I would say to make an 8g run a 10 sec pass, any 10 sec pass, 10.999 you would probably need a nice set of DOT drag radials (if thats what you call street legal) and about 550-650whp. this is assuming, ballpark with a car and driver that weighs about 3350-3400lbs. the rule of thumb is every 100lbs of weight equals .1 sec on your 1/4 mile ET.</div>
    all that and ONE GLORIOUS PASS, under the most ideal track conditions, air temp, altitude, etc...

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You could make a Galant run ten seconds but you are going to need the cash as stated above. Whenever you want to get together and rob tractor trailers let me know. Lets look for ones that have Rodgers on the side. Those ones are filled with DVD players.
    Love,
    Matt

are you the going to slide under the trailer or you going into the cab with the tranq darts?

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    with the money required to build the motor and tranny, you could definitely build the V6 into 10 seconds
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little blue)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you the going to slide under the trailer or you going into the cab with the tranq darts?
    </div>

Somebody photoshop galants into those two pictures....It'll be hilarious!!!!
    -Pedro

I was more asking if anyone on these forums has a galant thatfast and a "10second car" doesnt just come from fast and the furious. But anyways.....

but anyways...tell us more about your v6 dohc motor...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sean C>)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was more asking if anyone on these forums has a galant thatfast and a "10second car" doesnt just come from fast and the furious. Â*But anyways.....</div>
    Is your goal to have a 10sec 8g Galant? Which motor are you using? People wanting 10sec cars comes from the fast and the furious, bunch of ricers.

12s is more realistic. You dont see very many street legal FWD 10second cars driving around.
    7g for life!

Well theres that money factor again, you said your 16 so im assuming you dont have much money. To get a 10 sec. car is gonna take (and this is a quess) about 8-10k in just performance parts and your galant is not worth that much.But your car can be fast wihout being a "10 sec car" Ask the people who did the 4g63t swap

OK so ya im a complete noob to cars but hey i chose a galant didn't I? so that must count for something with you guys. But you were all noobs at first to im sure but anyway another "noob" quistion. What is faster twin turbo or supercharger. and can you put twin turbos on our engine?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You can twin turbo a riding lawn mower if you heart desired. Its all about money and knowledge my friend, money and knowledge...
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast